CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Global Workplace Programme Manager (Client based role)
Location: UK / London / Remote
A client-based role, the Global Workplace PM will sit at the forefront of managing activities across key functions as the organisation shifts towards new ways of working under a “Future of Work” programme.
Introducing full PMO services, the Global Workplace PM will introduce and lead the governance and oversight structure to ensure strategic themes and activities are effectively coordinated, risks managed and progress reported. Working closely with the client, they will anticipate and dynamically respond to workplace challenges across the client organisation.
The Global Workplace PM must be a positive, forward looking self-starter, able to work effectively across a large organisation. At the heart of this role is a pro-active, client focused approach, where the ability to communicate and partner with multiple stakeholders is crucial. The role is ‘hands on’ and will require demonstrable strategic workplace consulting and programme management experience.
• Establish a PMO to coordinate Workplace activities across Facilities Services, IT and HR functions, facilitating construction conversations and engagement across the three workstreams to align priorities and delivery.
• Introduce a full PMO framework and all relevant methodologies including meetings schedule, reporting cadence to various levels and tracking of actions and deliverables (including sub-workstreams).
• Identify, enhance and continuously improve the “any workplace” delivery processes, standards and toolkits (working in collaboration with others as appropriate) to drive consistent delivery.
• Encouraging (or enforcing where necessary) the use of those delivery processes, standards and toolkits.
• Interface with the wider CBRE workplace team; sharing best practice and keeping abreast of new trends in the industry.
• Qualified to degree level in related field (not compulsory)
• Affiliation with Corenet / BCO / WCO or relevant professional body
• Strong understanding of current best practices and trends in the workplace and other architecture and design fields
• Knowledge and experience of delivering strategic workplace change - agile/flexible/activity based working implementation, global workplace programme governance, workplace improvements, workplace consolidation, data analysis/visualisation
• Highly organised with an ability to multi-task on concurrent projects, under tight time frames
• A high level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness and resilience
• Demonstrable ability of working closely with and advising clients in a consultancy and programme management capacity
• Ability to work as part of a team and operate independently
• Softer skills relating to gaining business buy-in/stakeholder management, relationship building, confident to lead client conversations, sell the workplace proposition and deal with resistance around the change
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.