This role is responsible for the accounting, reporting and financial compliance obligations for all non-operating and holding entities based in EMEA. The role requires partnership and co-ordination with the Global and Regional Finance teams as well as partnering with Treasury, Tax and Legal teams for holding companies, and functional leaders for non-operating entities.
• Accounting and reporting for all non-operating entities and holding companies within EMEA, for monthly, quarterly and annual requirements, to EMEA and Global Controllership.
• Ensure entities are compliant with company accounting policies and procedures under US GAAP for global reporting, and local GAAP for local reporting obligations.
• Work closely and partner with Global and Regional Finance, Treasury, Tax and Legal teams to understand and ensure Holding companies are correctly capturing transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, disposals, refinancing etc. in line with US GAAP requirements.
• Partner with functional leaders (for example, Procurement leads) to understand activities, projects and cost allocations within non-operating entities, and ensure these are correctly accounted for and reported.
• Completion and submission of statutory accounts, managing the audit relationships on non-operating and holding companies.
• Ensure minimal/no audit differences and control deficiencies from internal and external audit testing.
• Ensure controls are operating effectively in all entities and SOX requirements are met.
• Effectively communicate with and report results of non-operating and holding companies to a variety of key stakeholders. Explain complex transactions/structures and the related technical accounting, in a simple and effective way to management.
• Drive ongoing process improvement to ensure we make the best use of systems, automation and streamline processes, and ensure all processes are best practice.
• Manage ad hoc projects and reporting in line with EMEA and Global Controllership objectives.
• Work closely with the Global Stat & Compliance Lead, local country accounting teams, EMEA/APAC Controllership and Global Controllership to support the local statutory accounts reporting and monitoring process across all companies globally.
• Work closely with the Global Stat & Compliance Lead to support compliance with company accounting policies and procedures, including local GAAP for local reporting obligations.
• Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years PQE.
• Requires strong knowledge of accounting principals and relevant experience in month end accounting, internal reporting and statutory reporting.
• US GAAP and SOX experience favoured.
• Specific sector experience not imperative but understanding the complexity and nuances of a global business is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise with a range of stakeholders and accurately explain and report activity.
• Strong organisational and analytical skills, detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage and prioritise critical deadlines.
• Ability to provide timely and accurate financial information.
• Ability to work collaboratively with key employees, top management and work across departments.
• Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex financial information and transactions.
• Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, working independently and as a team.
• Experience in using ERP and consolidation systems – Peoplesoft and Hyperion are pluses.
• Self-motivated with strong work ethic, with a proactive approach and “can do” attitude.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment, with an interest in continuous improvement, best practice and driving change.