CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Global Category Director (FM/PM) to join the team located in EMEA region. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of detailed global category strategy and the delivery of world-class category management across all Lines of Business and geographies (GWS/Property Management) in their designated Categories.
• Lead, establish and drive the development of an enterprise-wide, global Category network of business and supply-chain stakeholders, SME’s, category expertise and strategic sourcing resources for Facilities Management & Property Management that delivers superior results to CBRE clients and has the client at the centre of all Category strategies, processes and activities
• Take the initiative to lead collaborative ideas and identify ways to build CBRE competitive advantage in the market by offering innovative Category solutions enhancing value for clients
• Work with internal stakeholders to deliver detailed, in-depth global Category strategies, completely aligned with business needs/requirements and stakeholders, provide a compelling value proposition for clients that differentiates CBRE in the marketplace
• Define and lead the tracking of improvements in the Category through the delivery of a business approved strategy including sourcing metrics, KPIs and targets
• Lead/develop strong relationships with key business and functional partners to build credibility to execute Category strategy; lead/develop strategically aligned relationships with key global suppliers to build credibility to execute Category strategy
• Work with the GWS Transformation team to support building/designing of the Category Management framework and process so that it aligns to the requirements of internal stakeholders and external clients
• Create stakeholder and relationship management strategies to facilitate/support the implementation of the Category strategies and lead the adoption of Category best practices; track/monitor and report the global supplier relationships progress within the Category to senior management and executive; coordinate with stakeholders across LOB’s in heavily matrixed organization ensuring alignment
• Lead the creation of strategic global Category strategies to deliver service level improvements and cost reductions for the entire global spend of the respective category
• Be visible/outspoken champion to internal stakeholders of how the Category strategy delivers on the goals/objectives of the Category
• Challenge current/traditional ways of thinking and working within the Category and define new ways of working best serving client needs
• Drive cross-functional communication ensuring business requirements are understood throughout the supply chain organization to achieve shared goals
• Foster a culture of ‘one team’ across the global network and work collaboratively across all LOB’s/Segments and manage KPIs development for the Category by geographies and LOB’s
• Lead the development of employees’ knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Category, key suppliers’ capabilities and best practices through creation and dissemination of material/training
• Become a leader and subject matter expert in the Category providing insight and practices from outside of CBRE to stretch internal thinking/practices, advising internal users on current/future market capabilities
• Drive/lead the execution of global Category strategic sourcing initiatives in alignment with overarching Category strategy
• Lead/develop the customization and adoption of Category workbook and operational playbooks
• Lead the understanding and communication of market insights, Supplier market dynamics and market intelligence from multiple sources to enhance and modify and drive both short and long-term Category strategies
• Lead and ensure transfer of global/regional/local best practices and drive the pipeline of short-term and long-term savings and cost reduction opportunities for FM/PM Category spend
• Identify/drive continuous improvement initiatives as part of the Category strategy to contribute to operational cost savings
• Lead key global supplier relationships aligning strategic plans between all levels of management in the supplier and CBRE; work with the suppliers to drive their ability to work with CBRE globally and amending Category strategy accordingly
• Create/cultivate value-add culture from partnerships with key strategic suppliers leading the development of continuous improvement plans and cost saving opportunities that benefit all parties
• Work with the Transformation and Operations teams to lead/foster utilization and development of supply chain technology investments (myBuy/mySupplier/mySource)
• Lead/drive the global analysis of the Category utilizing spend dashboards, spend and supplier data to assist in the determination of Category strategy for LOB’s
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strategic thinker with ability to flex between strategy and tactics to execute flawlessly
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills
• 100% Customer Focused towards internal and external customers with relentless aim on driving value and solutions
• Strong influential skills that leverage genuine engagement with cross functional and cross business teams to implement enterprise strategies and solutions
• Capable of working in a matrix environment
• Demonstrated success in a global security or supply chain role; proven ability to drive and meet specific metrics and goals
• Strong reputation as a world-class negotiator
• Experienced in best in class security Category Management; knowledge of strategic sourcing processes policies, KPIs, systems
• 10–15 years years of working knowledge/experience/expertise in developing world-class Category strategies; 5-10 years of management experience
• Experienced, knowledgeable/expertise in Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain and Supplier Performance Management
• Able to travel globally as required (approximately 10-20% travel required)
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.