Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Glazing Film Installer (FTC)
As part of our Glazing team, you will be responsible for installing protective safety window film to all glazing within the ‘critical areas’ of all properties within their regional areas. To be responsible for the identification of the ‘critical areas’ and glazing panes that require protection and then correcting this by applying the window film in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Work in line with BTFS Health & Safety policy, ensuring that safe systems of work are adopted at all times whilst creating a safe working environment for our customers and colleagues alike.
• Ensure compliance with all processes and procedures, statutory requirements, engineering standards.
• The installer will be expected to visit a programme of BT properties.
• Identify all glazing panes that fall within the ‘critical areas’ of the building in accordance with BS6262 and confirm the appropriate protection or if glass replacement is required.
• Install window film to the appropriate areas identified.
• Ensure all upgraded panes are clearly safety marked as required.
• Identify and report back on an alternative barrier if film not considered appropriate.
• Report the renewal of damaged or defective glazing via the BTFS Helpdesk.
• Identify and order the required stock of glazing film in accordance with BT Procurement procedures. This should include all fixing tools and materials.
• To identify large glazed areas that also require manifestation to ensure all site user awareness to the presence of glazed panelling.
• Comply with the BTFS environmental policy ensuring that the company and individual environmental responsibilities are met.
• Report trip hazard risk, loss or defect to the FSM for corrective actions.
• The effective management of consumable stock, tools and equipment
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of BTFS technical services delivery as directed by the Glazing Manager.
• Fully conversant with all relevant HSE requirements and their effective application.
• Diligent, with an eye for quality and attention to detail, acting with a sense of urgency to put things right for customers.
• Willingness to undertake full training in the application of glazing films and aptitude to learn new skills
• A good standard of verbal and written communication skills
• Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the assigned task.
• Willingness to travel extensively within your geographic region and occasionally beyond.
• Full UK driving licence required
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.