Job Title: General Manager
Reports to: Operations Director
Role Purpose: Optimise the commercial viability and performance of the property through the implementation of quality operational and fiscal management, customer care and management of risk. Contribute to the asset performance through the implementation of specific objectives and initiatives set out in the asset and business plans. Specialist focus on the successful integration of development into wider existing Estate.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020.
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including transaction and project management; property and facilities management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
- Operational Management of the Estate facilities services, overseeing day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Conduct regular performance reviews with the team, to include setting and reviewing of objectives and development plans. Where relevant, ensure performance management process is implemented in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement plans to ensure the development of the team, including succession planning and training activities.
- Recruit and select employees to ensure that the team structure and capability meets current and future needs and the achievement of budget and business plan targets.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally, through assessment of skillsets.
- Ensure adherence to policies, processes and procedures across the property.
- Liaison with Client’s construction teams to ensure smooth integration of development areas into overall Estate, inclusive of ensuring all elements of section completion are considered.
- Create and implement a business plan and strategic direction in line with the Clients’ overall business objectives.
- To develop and maintain a positive image of the Estate in its location, ensuring that it has an image to match the Asset Management Strategy
- Implement and support where necessary agreed Brand values.
- To implement and develop a premier properties approach to the management of the property
- To implement and develop with the supply partners a premier properties approach to the management of the property.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of market practices and legislation affecting estate management, adopting a proactive approach to changing market conditions.
- Ensure surveying colleagues are appraised of requests for tenant alternations, approving as appropriate, tenant applications for minor alterations and ensuring all works are carried out in accordance with the consent granted.
- To be responsible for the drafting, control and reporting of service charge budget and expenditure for the site(s) in accordance with the agreed KPIs and RICS Service Charge Code.
- Oversee the management of residential tenants in accordance with CBRE process and procedures.
- To tender and place contracts for services relating to the site(s) and manage appointed contracts against agreed KPI’s. Ensure procurement is carried out in line with company policy.
- Conduct regular inspections of the building fabric and take appropriate action when required
- To work with key stakeholders and external consultants in ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required
- To be responsible for Health and Safety compliance on site, and the maintenance of records and the Meridian system
- To be responsible for Environmental management on site, in compliance with CBREMS/client policies
- Be aware of, and ensure compliance with, CBRE’s Environmental, Social and Corporate (ESG) standards and set and implement an appropriate strategy for the Estate.
- Maintain and review as necessary, the Estate Disaster Recovery and Major Incident Management Plan, ensuring occupiers and team are fully briefed on evacuation and emergency procedures and, in the event of a major incident occurring, to comply with relevant internal procedures.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate
- To nurture and develop an effective working relationship with the tenants and ensure operational queries raised by them are dealt with efficiently
- To chair where relevant tenant meetings, and to participate accordingly, both individual and group
- To proactively manage risk and deal with insurance issues on site
- To ensure the property achieves the KPIs set by the client, in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Prepare regular reports for the client and CBRE Senior Management
- To manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved
- Provide technical specialist support for all facilities management centred operations
- Ensure occupier welcome packs and guides are produced, maintained and distributed as appropriate. This should include shopfitting and fit out design, operational issues and estate rules and regulations to all new occupiers, assignees, sub-lessees etc.
- Day to day management for all fit out works on behalf of the Client, in line with CBRE best practice.
- Any other duties as directed by your Line Manager
- Proven track record of developing and effectively managing a team
- Having a proven track record with dealing with Tenant fit outs, sectional and practical completions through to experience of managing defect periods.
- Experience with mobilising facilities management services across large properties and developments.
- Experience of managing Energy Centres and M&E shared services within Mixed-Use Developments, both technical knowledge and S/C recovery methodology required.
- Proven track record in large property, Centre or Retail Management or a service driven environment.
- IOSH (NEBOSH, preferred)
- Up to date knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Able to build and maintain client relationships as well as other parts of the wider team
- Understand the client’s investment objectives
- Able to build and maintain tenant/customer and supplier relationships
- Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements
- Understanding the compliance with residential management and the impacts on a service charge
- Be able to specify services, tender contracts and select service providers
- Know and be able to apply legislation and policies relating to Health, Safety and Environmental protection.
- Understand insurance relating to the Estate and each building and the FSA regulations
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases, Understand and use industry/CBRE specific IT applications
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Analytical Thinking
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Focused
- Decision Making
- Motivating Others
- People Development
- Planning and Organising
- Results Focused
- Team Working