1. GOAL OF THE FUNCTION
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the financial administration of Real Estate entities. He/She is the direct interface between external accounting firms and financial management team to collect accurate accounting and reporting information. He/She is also the direct interface between the property Analyst and Financial management team to collect and analyze the property information, and to produce accurately and timely high-quality financial reporting to the clients.
The Assistant Controller reports to the Senior Controller
3. MAIN RESPONSABILITIES
a. Financial controlling
• Cooperates and communicates to all parties involved in the reporting process.
• Coordinates the information flow from property managers and asset managers to the financial accountants.
• Contributes to period close tasks (prepare calculations accruals + IFRS adjustments + IC confirmations + income tax computation).
• Collects, control and analyses info prepared by External Accounting Firm.
• Is responsible for property information and financial reporting reconciliation.
b. Analysis activities
• Analyses and monitoring of financial data.
• Proactively compiles internal reports to provide insight in corporate and property performance.
• Performs (Financial) support to the client’s finance team.
c. Budgeting and Forecasting
• Assists in the preparation of budget and forecast of real estate SPV’s based on client’s operational budgets.
• Obtains, processes and analyses input prepared by property analyst for budgeting and forecasting process.
• Carries out the budget / reforecast / MTP process on SPV level.
• Produces corporate cash-flow budget / reforecast.
• Reviews completeness, accuracy and reliability on property and SPV level.
• Gathers and produces (property) information to put in the report.
• Supports in the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting: budget, actuals, forecast…
• Participates in specific missions i.e. data room, disposals, financial audits…
• Provides day to day support to Senior Controllers and finance team.
• Participates in project groups.
• Senior Controllers
• Finance Management
• Property Analyst
• External accounting firm
• External auditors
• External advisors (legal, tax, …)
• Bachelor´s Degree in Business Administration (Finance/Accounting required).
• Master degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• +4 years of experience in a finance or audit department (ideally in a “big four”) with proven outstanding financial skills.
• Background and relevant experience in real estate companies and real estate investment funds will be highly considered.
• High level of English (written & spoken).
• Solid knowledge of the Spanish GAAP and IFRS, preferably in real estate sector.
• Ability to understand complex accounting, legal and tax related policies and procedures.
• Strong verbal and written communicative skills.
• Exceptional analytical skills, financial acumen, proven ability to work in a detail-oriented environment.
• Advanced problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
• Good Knowledge of the Spanish tax rules.
• Advanced Excel skills (spreadsheet applications).
• Experience with ERP systems like Yardi, highly considered.