Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
This role is a partnership role with our Client MEPC and based on the client premises in Oxfordshire alongside the wider CBRE site team. Milton Park is a large business and science community in southern Oxfordshire. Acquired by MEPC in the mid 1980’s, it currently comprises 3 million sq ft of space let to 250 companies employing around 9,000 people. Its 2040 Vision masterplan sets out the potential for this to increase to 20,000 jobs over the next 20 years or so underpinned by the region’s fast-growing knowledge economy.
Working closely with MEPC as client, CBRE have been appointed managing agent since 2015 and are now looking to appoint a new Finance Manager. Working alongside the site-based client, facility and surveying teams and in conjunction with CBRE finance team in Glasgow the Finance Manager will be responsible the financial administration of the service charges, utilities and other recoverable and non-recoverable costs. For more information about Milton Park visit www.miltonpark.com
CLIENT & STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
• A Key stakeholder in the CBRE’s relationship with the clients on site team
• To engage and build supplier relationships on site
• Develop working relationship with the client’s occupiers
• Constantly monitor and review with the site team all service charge expenditure across the 27 business units including the estate expenditure
• Formal forecasting at agreed intervals to identify potential issues in advance and suggest remedial action if required
• Work with the FM and PM team on the preparation and presentation of annual budgets for the 27 business units which will be set in advance of the commencement of year in accordance with agreed KPI’s and issuing budgets to external stakeholders
• Processing of estate re-charges ensuring calculations and apportionments are correct and amended when required and ensuring supporting documentation and frequency is correct
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to undertake an interim reviews of the service charge and then to ensure all service charge closures are audited and closed at the year-end within the agreed client KPI of 10 weeks.
• Monitor service charge income, ensuring income and apportionment is accounted for correctly, highlighting discrepancies with the estate team and completing remedial action as appropriate.
• Investigating and management of cashflow issues across the portfolio
• Reconciliation and approval of void costs in relation to vacant space on site
• Quality review of income charged to occupiers reconciling to the tenancy schedule
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate across regional geographies, drive actions and achieve results
• Person Specification
• Previous account management highly desired preferably in Real Estate
• Ability to coordinate delivery to several stakeholders
• Ability to interpret financial data and Real Estate transactions and present to on-Financial stakeholders
• Experience in budget and cost control
• Experience in business park management desirable but not essential
• Experience in service charge accounting desirable but not essential
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of building strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Capacity to think at a big picture level while identifying tactical solutions to problems
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Numerical and analytically minded
• Capable of performing independently, while fostering a team-based environment.
• Someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment while appearing calm under pressure.