Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Centre Director
Role Purpose: To manage the Centre’s financial control processes for all expenditure and to prepare and co-ordinate annual budgets.
- Monitor centre finance processes and procedures to ensure compliance with CBRE policies and procedures.
- To monitor and report on all actual service charge expenditure and project costs on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- To support the management team to achieve agreed financial targets through effective and timely financial reporting.
- Assisting with reconciling the clients net operating income
- Sole responsibility for the commercialisation and car park income reconciliation
- Proven report writing skills
- Liaise with Centre Director regarding budget setting and reporting
- Ability to understand store turnover and basic retail analytics
- An understanding of basic lease terms and the ability to calculate turnover rents.
- To ensure that processes are in place to accurately forecast and analyse expenditure trends across all departments.
- Review costs and expenses relating to the management of Festival Place, track against budgets and take corrective action where appropriate.
- To effectively manage the Finance Administration function to ensure that supplier invoices are checked/validated and authorised in accordance with CBRE’s approval processes and accounting system.
- Manage additional income, gift card schemes and other ancillary finance functions
- To support the maintainance of all financial databases.
- To support / lead the monthly reconciliation process with the Facilities Management provider(s).
- To adopt the key role in co-ordinating and preparing the annual service budgets.
- To review and assist in the preparation of the year end budget reconciliation.
- To manage key relationships with the Centre and CBRE functions; especially Service Charge Finance Team.
- Arrange a minimum of four external visits per year. At least two of these should be visiting counterparts on other schemes within the CBRE managed portfolio.
- To engage with and manage FM provider relationships and external key stakeholders.
- Resolve issues with external suppliers.
- Worked within a commercial finance function.
- Prepare management accounts to trial balance.
- Competent technical and strong IT skills.
- ACCA CIMA qualified or final stages of qualification.
- Organised and can work to strict deadlines.
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Can work on own initiative.
- Effectively manage a small team
- Desirable - Working knowledge of Property accounting systems eg TRAMPS
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 70,000 people worldwide, with 2000 working in the UK. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
CBRE Management Services Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CBRE Ltd. and we manage over 206 million sq. ft. of property in the UK. This involves over 1200 sites, 54 shopping centres and c. 17,500 occupiers from whom we collect rent each year on behalf of the clients.