Job Title: Property Financial Manager
Location: 20 Fenchurch St, London
This role is a partnership role with our LKKHPG and based on the client premises in London alongside the wider CBRE site team. It is based at 20 Fenchurch Street the site of the famous Walkie Talkie building housing the Sky Garden and 34 floors of office space. The Walkie Talkie was acquired by LKK in 2017 and Eastcheap was acquired in 2019 both have been managed by CBRE since inception and we are now looking to appoint a new Financial Manager role to cover both sites. Working alongside the site-based client, facility management, and surveying teams and in conjunction with CBRE finance team in Glasgow the Finance Manager will be responsible the financial administration of service charges, utilities, and other recoverable and non-recoverable costs.
Client & Stakeholder Management
• A Key stakeholder in the CBRE’s relationship with the clients on site team
• To engage and build supplier relationships on site
• Develop working relationship with the client’s occupiers
• Constantly monitor and review with the site team all service charge expenditure with a combined total of c£11m
• Monthly service charge reviews, identifying accruals, prepayments, and reporting variance analyses to budget with month to date and year to date forecasts
• Monitor service charge income, ensuring income and apportionment is accounted for correctly, highlighting discrepancies with the surveying team and completing remedial action as appropriate.
• With the FM and PM team ensure the service charges are all closed and audited within 2 months of the financial year end
• Work with the FM and PM team on the preparation and presentation of annual budgets which will be set in advance of the commencement of year in accordance with agreed KPI’s and issuing budgets to external stakeholders
• Management and control of Non-Recoverable budget with regular reporting and review with the client on spend
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Monthly financial reporting and review of rent, service charge and insurance identifying prepayments for the client’s financial results
• Void funding management and control including fortnightly funding requests
• Quality review of income charged to occupiers reconciling to the tenancy schedule
• Overall management and review of utilities, mapping processes thereafter ensuring accuracy and timeliness of charges to occupiers
• Cash management for Eastcheap ensuring funds transferred to the client in agreed timescales and format
• Previous account management highly desired preferably in Real Estate
• Ability to coordinate delivery to several stakeholders
• Ability to interpret financial data and Real Estate transactions and present to on-Financial stakeholders
• Experience in budget and cost control
• Experience in big building management desirable but not essential
• Experience in service charge accounting desirable but not essential
• Strong interpersonal skills with a proven record of building strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Capacity to think at a big picture level while identifying tactical solutions to problems
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Numerical and analytically minded
• Capable of performing independently, while fostering a team-based environment.
• Someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment while appearing calm under pressure.
• Working knowledge on usage of Yardi