CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Finance & Contract Support Manager to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial operations, controls, and management information for the Contract.
• Develop high quality and effective Client relationships especially across the account; build good working relationship with account management and key client’s members and be a business partner for both
• Tightly manage contract governance, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all cost elements are appropriately accounted for
• Assist with client team requests in a timely and accurate manner - positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility
• Prepare accurate Contract reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project Profitability reporting, Profit & Loss forecasts, and annual plans
• Support any GWS transformation and client initiatives, working closely with other functions to ensure full alignment of deliverables and results
• Provide best in class Management Information to both Client and GWS management to include Actuals v Budget; liaise with the CBRE EMEA Finance and GWS EMEA Financial Planning & Analysis team to fulfill any ad-hoc information requests
• Provide ad-hoc support and financial reporting/analysis as required
• Continually review, maintain, and improve cash-flow, margins, and reporting; develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information
• Drive high quality financial/commercial performance through understanding the contractual commitments on service lines in EMEA and ensure is aligned and consistent with global contract management practices
• Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure Client and GWS financial savings targets are maximized; active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
• Review Client P&L results and challenge; carry out regular Business Unit reviews, project reviews and conduct monthly formal Contract reviews
• Identify, analyse, and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance
• Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Contract; manage the integrity of data in Client reporting and GWS systems; manage compliance through the required procedures and processes
• Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP are in line with GWS policy
• Develop an understanding of how to best utilize GWS system-generated reporting capabilities and continually develop systems to maximize efficiency benefits for client & GWS
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
• Assist in delivering best in class GWS and Client management information including annual budgets (balance sheet and cash flow plans), monthly management accounts and forecasts including Profit and Loss variance and Balance Sheet commentaries
• Ensure CBRE and statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes and Account is complying with any Global Account Standards
• Build, lead and motivate a diverse and effective team; empower team members to take responsibility and accountability; Recruit, induct, manage, target, motive and develop the team
• Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans; supervise and review performance of individuals in the team; convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions
• Any other support as required
• Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
• Highly computer literate with ability to combine strategic vision with hands-on, pragmatic delivery and IT Skills to achieve key tasks and give the business a sound reporting base
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills enabling the individual to work with Board Members, clients, suppliers, and staff at all levels and of all abilities
• Capable of working in a matrix environment
• Understanding of the requirements of operating in a cross border multiservice line environment and worked in a complex multinational with hands on experience of managing teams in continental Europe (applicable for Global Accounts)
• Track record of achieving results through others
• Proven commercial acumen and ability to contribute to decision-making
• Management skills to maximise the performance of staff working directly for them and others
• Must be willing to undertake travel as the role/business requires
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.