CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction, and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.cbre.com.
Job Title: Finance Business Partner – Associate Director/Director
Reporting to: Advisory & Transaction Consulting Business (Core Advisory) COO
The Finance Business Partner is responsible for the core finance deliverables which include forecasting, budgeting, month-end close and reporting, as well as overseeing key financial operations and providing strategic insights to the Advisory & Transactions consulting business (Core Advisory).
Core Advisory is made up of five service lines specialising in Workplace Strategy & Change, Occupancy Management, Portfolio Strategy, Talent & Location and Supply Chain & Consumer Advisory, offering real estate consulting services across EMEA with c.£22m of revenue per annum serviced by c.180 employees. Working directly with Core Advisory’s leadership team, you will provide strategic insight and guidance, driving all commercial aspects of the business.
The lines of business you will be supporting are dynamic and project based. You will interact regularly with multiple stakeholders, building trusted relationships while also liaising with the wider CBRE finance teams. As a key member of our operational support team working alongside the Core Advisory COO, you will lead both our day to day accounting function, which is serviced from our shared service centre in Warsaw, and work closely with our project administrators based in London.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of finance in a consultancy or projects based business and be able to communicate accounting matters in a clear and concise manner to key stakeholders with differing backgrounds, including those outside of Finance. Likewise, be able to prioritise with the leadership team and the relevant CBRE teams’ day to day tasks and projects alike and be able to effectively communicate risks, issues, and achievements.
• Commercial pricing governance and contract reviews, including approval of pricing for all bids >£50k, review of contractual terms and billing arrangements
• Support strategic operational projects through implementation and adoption of new systems, identifying and conducting deep dive reviews, developing solutions and process improvements, and leading change through communication
• Working with leadership and the wider finance team, continuously develop reporting improvements and efficiencies using data, to drive excellence in Business Performance Analytics
• Sign off business cases for Core Advisory new hires for UK & Bratislava, tracking both headcount within and over budget
• Drive insights and operational improvements from our Salesforce revenue pipeline and 10,000ft timesheet cost data sets
• Regular meetings with each service line and key client account teams to develop monthly working forecasts, including headcount forecasting and implementing best practice to limit unknown or forecast variations
• Working with Leadership, develop and agree formal forecast submissions (quarterly) and annual budgets for all P&Ls within Core Advisory, ensuring service line leads are challenged and proactively seek opportunities to add value
• Prepare month flash results and close month-end with support from Management Accountant (Warsaw based). This will include the review of our Bratislava Centre of Excellence P&L and ensuring client P&L accuracy.
• Present the financial results to fee earners at the monthly Core Advisory meeting
• Review and provide monthly summary reports to leadership on bad debt and aged accruals, and key risks and opportunities for the business
• Support the central finance team with audit queries
• Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the management accountant, risks & opportunities, ensuring all fee shares are coded and offset correctly
• Provide leadership and coaching to Management Accountant (*1 Warsaw based) and Project Administrators (*2 London based)
Desired technical skills and experience
• Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CA)
• Previous experience using PeopleSoft and Salesforce will be an advantage;
• Previous experience working in property and/or consulting/projects environment would be beneficial;
• Highly computer literate, exceptional excel skills;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Data literacy and visualisation will be an advantage;
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Track record of achieving results both autonomously and as part of a team;
• Proven commercial acumen and ability to contribute to decision-making.
Desired interpersonal skills:
• Strong focus on customer service
• Very strong communication skills with team members at all levels;
• Ability to combine strategic vision with hands-on, pragmatic delivery
• Strong problem solver who is results/task orientated, with attention to detail and accuracy;
• Self-motivated and ambitious;
• Excellent time management and ability to work to tight deadlines;
• Commitment to continuous improvement with the ability to adapt and adopt new processes quickly;
• Ability to work and lead under pressure and with changing demands and priorities;
• Excellent team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
• Confidential and discrete approach.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.