Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The purpose of our Facilities Technician is to support the Workplace Experience Manager in providing reactive and pre planned maintenance services. This will encompass building fabric, grounds maintenance, housekeeping, specific engineering services and on-site waste management. In accordance with laid down procedures and safe working practices.
To act as a key customer contact supporting the Workplace Experience Manager and responsible for ensuring that the planned and reactive maintenance is delivered to the agreed standard across the building. In addition, to engage with customers on site in order to comply with our waste management policy.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Delivery of the physical workplace experience in a single location with multiple customers.
• Delivering our service commitments, maintaining high standards of HSE and a secure workplace, control cost, drive service improvement activity and improve customer satisfaction.
• Building and sustaining effective relationships within the customer organisation.
• Work in line with CBRE Health & Safety policy, ensuring that safe systems of work are always adopted whilst creating a safe working environment for our customers and colleagues alike.
• Ensure compliance with all processes and procedures, statutory requirements, engineering standards.
• Provide a planned and reactive maintenance service as instructed, ensuring that operational standards, process and procedures are followed.
• Proactively update customers regarding the status of incomplete planned and reactive tasks.
• Provide general building fabric maintenance and repairs.
• Carry out grounds’ maintenance works when required to ensure sites are kept in good order. This is to include, but not restricted to:
o Litter picking.
o Grass cutting and edge trimming.
o Prune bushes, shrubs and hedges.
o Clear fences, walls and gates of weeds, moss, algae and other inappropriate growth.
o Clear roads, paths, car parks and other hard standing of weeds, moss, algae, debris and leaves.
o Clear surface drains and gullies of obstruction and ensure they are fully effective.
o Ensure the boundaries, roadways, parking areas and pathway road marking (including signage) are visible and no overhanging plants are present.
• Work with specialist colleagues within fabric, engineering, housekeeping and grounds maintenance to support building uplift and refit projects as identified and required.
• Report risk, loss or defect to the Workplace Experience Manager for corrective actions.
• Ensure Site Activity eLog books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures.
• The effective management of consumable stock, tools and equipment.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of our technical services delivery as directed by the Workplace Experience Manager.
• Fully conversant with all relevant HSE requirements and their effective application.
• Diligent, with an eye for quality and attention to detail, acting with a sense of urgency to put things right for customers.
• The ability to constructively challenge established thinking and implement new practices or approaches for the benefit of customers and CBRE.
• Essential – Proven experience within a similar role and/or willingness and aptitude to learn new skills.
• Essential - A good standard of verbal and written communication skills.
• Essential - Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the assigned tasks, including manual handling awareness, legionella awareness, PASMA, IPAF, asbestos awareness, roof working.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.