Estate Manager - Ruskin Square, Croydon - Fixed Term Contract
Croydon , United Kingdom
Date published: 19-Apr-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Job Title: Estate Manager
Reports to: Senior FM
Role Purpose: Optimise the commercial viability and performance of the property through the implementation of quality operational and fiscal management, marketing, customer care and management of risk. Contribute to the asset performance through the implementation of specific objectives and initiatives set out in the asset and business plans.
- Operational Management of the Estate facilities services, overseeing day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Building client and tenant relationships and assist with ensuring that all tenants have a soft landing
- Day to day management for all fit out works on behalf of the Client
- Liaising with the Clients Construction team to understand the changing environment of the estate
- Liaising with the Clients residential management team to ensure smooth running across the estate
- Conduct regular performance reviews with the team, to include setting and reviewing of objectives and development plans. Where relevant, ensure performance management process is implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Identify and implement plans to ensure the development of the team, including succession planning and training activities.
- Recruit and select employees to ensure that the team structure and capability meets current and future needs and the achievement of budget and business plan targets.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally, through assessment of skillsets.
- Ensure adherence to policies, processes and procedures across the property.
- To assist with the transition of each new building and be part of the sectional completion process
- Manage and operate the property as a commercial business venture in accordance with the agreed Asset strategy.
- Create and implement a business plan and strategic direction in line with the Clients’ overall business objectives.
- To develop and maintain a positive image of the Estate in its location, ensuring that it has an image to match the Asset Management Strategy
- Implement and support where necessary agreed Brand values.
- To implement and develop a premier properties approach to the management of the property
- To implement and develop with the supply partners a premier properties approach to the management of the property.
- To implement recommendations from customer feedback provided through the premier properties annual customer survey.
- Explore opportunities to enable the property to provide superior service to occupiers’ e.g. consistent and visible level of occupier liaison.
- Explore and generate new business opportunities/channels within the market place to ensure an increase in the commercial performance of the property.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of market practices and legislation affecting estate management, adopting a proactive approach to changing market conditions.
- Oversee the management of residential tenants in accordance with CBRE process and procedures.
- To tender and place contracts for services relating to the site(s) and manage appointed contracts against agreed KPI’s. Ensure procurement is carried out in line with company policy.
- To monitor all activities relating to the site(s), reporting and taking action as appropriate
- Conduct regular inspections of the building fabric and take appropriate action when required
- To work with key stakeholders and external consultants in ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To compile and maintain records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset register, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action which may be required
- To be responsible for Health and Safety compliance on site, and the maintenance of records and the Meridian system
- To be responsible for Environmental management on site, in compliance with CBREMS/client policies
- Be aware of, and ensure compliance with, CBRE’s Environmental, Social and Corporate (ESG) standards and set and implement an appropriate strategy for the Estate for environmental and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligations.
- Maintain and review as necessary, the Estate Disaster Recovery and Major Incident Management Plan, ensuring occupiers and team are fully briefed on evacuation and emergency procedures and, in the event of a major incident occurring, to comply with relevant internal procedures.
- To liaise with local authorities as appropriate
- To nurture and develop an effective working relationship with the tenants and ensure operational queries raised by them are dealt with efficiently
- To management and maintain compliance to the planning requirements for the Estate and reduce any risks to the client
- To chair where relevant tenant meetings, and to participate accordingly, both individual and group
- To proactively manage risk and deal with insurance issues on site
- Any other duties as directed by your Line Manager
- Proven track record of developing and effectively managing a team
- Having a proven track record with dealing with Tenant fit outs
- Having a proven track record with dealing with construction works, to include (but not limited to), soft landing, sectional and practical completions.
- Experience within managing defect periods
- Experience with mobilising facilities management services to offer continues services across the estate
- Experience of delivering financial targets
- Experience of managing Energy Centres and M&E shared services within Mixed-Use Developments, both technical knowledge and S/C recovery methodology required.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret the local market environment and formulate business development plans accordingly
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of internal and external contacts
- Proven track record in large property, Centre or Retail Management or a service driven environment.
- IOSH (NEBOSH, preferred)
- Up to date knowledge of legislation relating to property management