Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Engineering Technician (Fabric)
The purpose of our Engineering Technician (Fabric) is to support the Supervisor providing reactive and pre-planned maintenance services to building fabric and specific engineering services at various sites in accordance with laid down procedures and safe working practices.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Delivery of the physical workplace experience in a single or multiple customer locations
- Delivering our service commitments, maintaining high standards of HSE and a secure workplace, control cost, drive service improvement activity and improve customer satisfaction.
- Building and sustaining effective relationships within the customer organisation
- Ensure compliance with all processes and procedures, statutory requirements, engineering standards and Health & Safety systems are followed.
- Provide a planned and reactive maintenance service as instructed, ensuring that operational standards, process and procedures are followed. This includes general building fabric and plumbing related tasks as required and as identified on the fabric competency matrix.
- Supports the Projects & Construction team and Facilities Services Manager in identifying, scoping and delivering uplift and refit projects.
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking work and complete the appropriate documentation in full.
- Record and report any risk, loss or defect to management for corrective action.
- Ensure Site Activity Log Books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures
- Participate in an Emergency Call Out Service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota
- Supports the development of other colleagues, including Facilities Technicians, cross skilling colleagues and apprentices.
- The colleague must understand their environmental responsibilities and follow the CBRE environmental policy, procedures and routines to support the business in achieving its environmental objectives.
- Able to demonstrate competence in the required tasks typically undertaken within building fabric, including plastering, joinery, glazing, plumbing and decorating, as identified on the fabric competency matrix
- Able to undertake fabric projects, including managing and overseeing the fabric work of Facilities Technicians
- Fully conversant with all relevant HSE requirements and their effective application
- Strong IT skills
- Diligent, with an eye for quality and attention to detail, acting with a sense of urgency to put things right for customers
- The ability to constructively challenge established thinking and implement new practices or approaches for the benefit of customers and CBRE
- Essential – proven experience in a building trade or building fabric role
- Essential - Appropriate knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental requirements related to delivery of the assigned tasks, including manual handling awareness, legionella awareness, PASMA, IPAF, asbestos awareness, roof working
- Desirable – holder of a level 3 or equivalent, work based and practically assessed building fabric related qualification, such as an NVQ, BTEC or apprenticeship in a building trade related subject area
- Full UK driving licence required
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people