Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Engineering Technician (Elec)
The purpose of our Engineering Technician (Elec) role is to support the Area Facilities Manager providing a reactive and planned preventative maintenance service to building engineering systems and services at various sites in accordance with laid down procedures and safe working practices.
To carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on LV electrical systems as directed by the Area Facilities Manager. To ensure that systems are maintained to the appropriate standard as defined by relevant regulations.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Maintain all low voltage electrical distribution and connected power/ lighting systems and undertake PPM routines as assigned.
• Maintain equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures connected to the electrical systems as directed.
• Delivery of small works projects as instructed by the AFM and in association with the Projects and Construction team.
• Ensure that all repairs and installations are compliant with current BS7671 wiring regulations.
• Assist in project hand-over and ‘snagging’ of new installations to ensure electrical systems are fit for purpose and suitable for ease of maintenance.
• Undertake fault finding and repair on low voltage AC/DC control systems.
• Ensure that all test equipment is calibrated, suitably maintained and meets current regulations.
• Complete suitable risk assessments for reactive and planned maintenance tasks to ensure safe working at all times.
• Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturer’s manuals and drawings as required.
• Liaise with the Customer Service Centre (CSC) and AFM, to ensure appropriate response to planned and reactive tasks.
• Ensure Site Log Books are completed and updated in accordance with procedures.
• Produce reports as required for the AFM
• Maintain stock levels of spares as required
• Participate in an Emergency Call Out service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of CBRE service delivery as directed by line management.
• Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
• Acts as part of a team to delivers activities which support operational objectives
• Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
• Makes decisions within parameters set by line Manager using job/specialist experience
• May be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
• Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
• Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
• Oversee the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
• Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
• Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
• May work within a given budget.
• Able to organise a small team of individuals carrying out similar tasks
• May be called upon to oversee a team delivering tasks and to escalate individual performance issues to their line manager.
• For non-supervisory roles performs skilled work requiring technical training (NVQ3 or equivalent)
• Successful completion of CBRE refresher training in Emergency Circuit Breaker and Fuse Theory; Emergency Lighting Testing and Light Fitting Replacement, including Safe Isolation; Water Heater Testing, including Safe Isolation; and Fire Alarm Testing.
• Essential qualifications are: -
• Must have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in electrical installation and maintenance that includes sufficient relevant practical experience to enable assessment as electrically competent.
• Must hold a City and Guilds level 3 technical certificate or equivalent in an electrical discipline.
• Must hold a City and Guilds 2382 Level 3 certificate in the requirements for electrical installations BS 7671 (18th Edition) or equivalent. Note: in exceptional cases an applicant who does not hold C&G 2382 or equivalent may be considered for an ET (elec) role provided that the qualification is obtained within 3 months from date of appointment.
Desirable (in addition to the above):
• Hold a Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electrical Installation or Maintenance e.g. City and Guilds 2357 or equivalent.
• Achievement Measurement 2 (AM2).
• Hold a JIB skills card.
• City and Guilds level 3 certificates in inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations or equivalent.
• Formal training in operation and maintenance of UPS systems and Generators.
• Manual Handling
• Asbestos Awareness
• Confined space working
• Roof Working
• C&G 2377 or equivalent - Pat testing.
• HV plant room access training
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.