Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
The role: Engineering Technician (A/C)
- Maintain refrigeration and air conditioning systems and undertake PPM routines as assigned.
- Delivery of small works projects as instructed by the FSM and in association with the Projects and Construction team.
- Ensure that all repairs and installations are undertaken in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist in project hand-over and ‘snagging’ of new installations to ensure refrigeration and air conditioning systems are fit for purpose and suitable for ease of maintenance.
- Ensure that all test equipment is calibrated, suitably maintained and meets current regulations.
· Complete suitable risk assessments for reactive and planned maintenance tasks to ensure safe working at all times.
- Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturer’s manuals and drawings as required.
- Liaise with the Customer Service Centre (CSC) and FSM, to ensure appropriate response to planned and reactive tasks.
- Ensure Site Log Books are completed and updated in accordance with procedures.
- Produce reports as required for the FSM
- Maintain stock levels of spares as required
- Participate in an Emergency Call Out service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota.
- Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of BT Facilities Services service delivery as directed by line management
- Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
- Acts as part of a team to deliver activities which support operational objectives
- Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
- Makes decisions within parameters set by line manager using job/specialist experience
- May be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Oversee the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
- Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- May work within a given budget.
- Responsible use of company Purchase Card
- Able to organise a small team of individuals carrying out similar tasks
- May assist less experienced colleagues
- May be called upon to oversee a team delivering tasks and to escalate individual performance issues to their line manager
- Must have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in air conditioning and refrigeration installation and maintenance that includes sufficient relevant practical experience and theoretical knowledge to enable assessment as competent.
- Must hold a City & Guilds 2079 Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations: Category 1 or equivalent.
Desirable (in addition to the above):
- Hold a Level 3 NVQ diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Commercial & Industrial Air Conditioning Systems) or equivalent.
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- Confined space working
- Roof Working