CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion. We have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, currently ranking #128. CBRE has more than 100,000 employees and serves real estate investor and occupier clients in more than 100 countries
We provide services for real estate occupiers and investors. For occupiers, we provide facilities management, project management, transaction and consulting services, among others. For investors, we provide capital markets, leasing, investment management, property management, valuation and development services, among others.
Job Title: Engineer/ Senior Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Building Services Engineer, to join our market leading Building Consultancy team at CBRE.
We work on the best and most exciting buildings, clients and instructions. We like to challenge our team to provide the best outcomes possible for our clients and we can guarantee that you will not be bored working at CBRE! There are likely to be opportunities to travel through-out the UK and Europe and work in other offices. Your career potential and the diverse nature of the job is unrivalled with opportunities to grow and acquire vast experience.
In addition to your core job role you will also benefit from exposure to other departments to widen your commercial knowledge and experience, which in turn leads to a more fulfilling career and development opportunities.
This opportunity is for a position at Engineer/Senior Engineer level. The role is for an Engineer with at least 2-3 years post qualification experience to operate within a team of 9 professionals and 2 support members in the heart of London’s West End, among a larger department that offers a wide range of building consultancy advice.
The candidate will predominantly be working with both internal and external investor and occupier clients ranging from international speculative investors, large PLC corporates to national/international investment funds.
The candidate will be involved in a mixture of technical due diligence, dilapidation, life cycle and asset verification surveys. Additional roles will include defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules, undertaking negotiations and maintenance auditing. These tasks will be undertaken across a range of property types, with an emphasis on office and operational real estate in London and the South East.
• To assist in the successful implementation and delivery of professional building services engineering within the London Engineering Consultancy through the completion of a varied range of building services instructions.
o Take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver high quality and timely building services instructions profitably;
o Deliver instructions (surveys & reports) from inception to completion with the minimum of supervision to meet the project objectives in accordance with company policies;
o Survey and reports to include but are not restricted to:-
? Purchasers and occupiers technical due diligence reviews of buildings including the coordination of wider specialist consultancy reports;
? Vendors due diligence reports of individual and portfolios of properties;
? Planned Preventative Maintenance Inspections and Reporting
? Preparation of Schedule of Dilapidations and support the building Surveying team in negotiating on behalf of Landlord or Tenant;
? Preparation of dilapidation provisional reports for occupiers.
? Asset verification and life cycle plans/ forward maintenance registers
? Preparation of performance specification documentation, running of the tender process and the administration of refurbishment projects
o Comply with CBRE’s policies and management system;
o Work in compliance with Quality Management Procedures;
o To positively contribute to the department’s business plan and revenue targets to assist in achieving its objectives;
• The ideal candidate will be recently qualified Chartered Engineer with some commercial surveying experience, but we will consider strong candidates from a hard services management background;
• Good understanding of mechanical, electrical, life safety and public health installations and the ability to assess their condition.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to present a professional and knowledgeable person;
• Able to work as part of a team, supporting and working with colleagues and sister departments;
• Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships;
• Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are efficiently completed within an agreed time frame;
• Provide concise and clear written communication with accurate and excellent attention to detail;
• Sociable and outgoing team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients confident and assertive where required but understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion;
• Clean driving licence and willingness to travel within the UK & Europe;
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.