CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team located in Sheffield. The successful candidate will be a key, multi-skilled, member of the Technical Maintenance team working on a day shift pattern.
• Maintain, modify, test, service, fault find and repair various mechanical and electrical equipment mainly in support of site infrastructure services (Building Services) which would typically include:
o Control Panel maintenance
o Motors, pumps, inverters drives, conveyors, pressurisation units
o Bay doors, dock levellers and wheel locks
o Testing and Inspecting (PAT, RCD’s & electrical installations)
o LV systems
o Carry out basic electrical installations as required
o Internal and external lighting
o AHU and ventilation systems, fans, bearings, filters
o BMS system knowledge, preferable Schneider
o AC system knowledge and defect identification, fault diagnosis
o Integration into the main energy centre shift call including pressurised steam boilers, BOAS accreditation preferred
• Ensure all work requests are carried out as requested to ensure statutory compliance and to maximise uptime
• Log downtime and report on root cause
• Work closely with manager, supervisor, peers, Mondelez managers and employees
• H&S across site; engage and complete all training requirements
• Develop Continuous Improvement within the department
• Part of the out of hours on call system
• Multi skilled engineering background
• City and Guilds, BTEC, ONC / HNC Level Qualification
• 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations; electrical installation skills
• Knowledge of control systems, inverter drives, BMS and PLC’s
• Excellent testing and fault-finding qualifications and skills
• Ability to read, understand and sketch technical drawings and literature to gather information to assist with maintenance and fault finding
• Sound knowledge and experience of Environmental, Health & Safety and regulatory requirements
• Demonstrate organisational and planning skills
• PC literate with basic IT skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work to own initiative and as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High customer focus
• Rapid diagnosis and able to provide client quotations in a timely manner
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.