CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Job Title: Electrical Bias Engineer
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical Bias Engineer to join the team located in Leeds.
The successful candidate will be able to install and maintain new plant and equipment when required, ensuring that plant faults and defects are swiftly rectified.
• React to breakdown maintenance requests within the required SLA’s
• Technical awareness of computer room/call centre/trader operations and experience of power, UPS, CPS, distribution, cooling etc
• Repairs to modular UPS systems
• Test and diagnose power quality issues including harmonic distortion using onsite power analysers
• Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments
• Provide emergency response standby, call out
• Escalate urgent issues identified through to the Technical Services Manager
• Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies consistent with the SLA
• Responsibility for ensuring all critical related engineering maintenance documentation & records are kept updated
• Advise the Facilities Management Team of changes in critical environment requirements
• Must be willing to work over & above contractual hours.
• Undertake site surveys & produce Works Requests, Method Statements & Risk Assessments for planned works
• Undertake Upgrade & Install work
• Understand and interpret technical drawings / instructions / processes & O&M’s
• Ensure completion of all reactive Helpdesk Requests
• Monitor and analyse environmental conditions, review the loading/working conditions of critical equipment regularly
• Ensure that financial processes are adhered to at all times
• Complete an incident report for all abnormal incidents affecting systems availability (draft prepared within 24 business hours of an incident)
• Determine the root cause and action items required to restore availability and prevent a recurrence
• Review and submit to the Technical Services Manager ensuring all actions are documented reviewed and completed
• Entering relevant quotes and remedial works onto the in-house system
• 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations
• Experience working with building management systems including fault finding and operator use
• Experience with VAV systems, FCU systems, passive and active chilled water circuits and chilled beams
• Experience and understanding of HVAC systems
• Understanding of a CDM process
• Excellent facilitation, communication skills at all levels
• Evidence of Excellent Customer Service Delivery
• Able to organise self to manage assigned tasks, determine material requirements.
• Experience of H & S procedures & requirements. COSHH, Working at Heights, Risk Assessment etc.
• Health & Safety Qualified i.e. IOSH and/or NEBOSH
• Testing and Inspection of Electrical systems
• Knowledge of emergency response/standby/call out activities and protocols
• Understand the monitoring of utilities and environmental programmes
• Be or have been an Authorised Person e.g. (AP15/12)
• Water hygiene L8