CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Following considerable growth and significant project wins the Sustainability Consultancy team is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable and motivated ESG Programme Manager to steer its future growth and drive the ESG and sustainability agenda for CBRE’s extensive Client network.
Job Title: ESG Consultant
Role Purpose: An individual with a background in sustainability/ESG and the built environment, with a passion for collaboration, innovation and driving change. Responsible for managing ESG strategies at a fund/portfolio level, providing a key point of contact to Clients, delivering targets and reporting on key performance indicators.
• Working with the ESG Programme Manager or Technical Lead to create and deliver ESG strategies for current and future Investor Client
• Delivery of sustainability objectives, targets and improvement programmes for funds/portfolios.
• Working with the ESG Programme Managers to report on fund/portfolio sustainability performance and progress against sustainability objectives
• Taking full ownership of reporting over time, moving towards ownership of Fund ESG strategies as you advance to Programme Manager/ Senior Consultant.
• Prepare and participate in regular catch-up calls/meetings with Clients to increase sustainability awareness and engagement.
• Support the prepare internal and external articles and thought leadership
• Assist with initiatives to engage and educate tenants/occupiers to increase data coverage and sustainability performance for funds/portfolios.
• Respond to requests for information regarding existing ESG strategy performance from rating and reporting agencies, current or prospective investors and other stakeholders.
• Monitor changes in legislation and best practice to ensure continuing legal compliance and best practice in the UK.
• Provide support to the team, and wider environmental consultancy group, as needed.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Climate Change)
• 3+ years professional experience working as an ESG programme manager, sustainability consultant, or similar
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills: articulate, assertive and confident
• Ability to engage and educate a diverse set of stakeholder groups including fund managers, property managers and building managers
• Detail-oriented: Strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn more and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven team environment
• Business proficiency in English essential
• Business proficiency in additional European languages highly desirably
• Proficiency in MS Office and Google Applications
• Experience and willingness presenting at conferences and forums
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.