CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an EMEA Regional Compliance Director to join the team located in London.
Under the direction of the Regional Ethics and Compliance Officer for EMEA, the Regional Compliance Director will be:
(1) shaping a vision for the Ethics & Compliance program in GWS EMEA, in a way that makes sense for, and helps move forward, business strategies and objectives
(2) identifying areas of Ethics & Compliance risks and potential gaps in the region, to help improve the overall program performance
(3) helping roll out global Ethics & Compliance strategies and initiatives in GWS EMEA to raise awareness of, and raise the standards for, ethics and integrity in our business operations
The Regional Compliance Director will serve as a key contact on issues relating to corporate principles and ethics.
Responsibilities include facilitation of internal investigations, creation and maintenance of policies and procedures, coordination of risk assessments, training and communications, management, reporting on compliance eLearning targets, reporting back to the EMEA GWS functional/business line leaders, and supporting the E&C Ambassador’s program. The Regional Compliance Director may also serve as a line manager of a team in GWS EMEA.
Supporting the EMEA E&C Ambassadors program entails:
• Continued focus alignment with the global approach and enterprise compliance strategy
• Supporting the development and rollout of compliance policies, protocols, and curriculum
• Monitor effectiveness of the E&C Ambassadors program for the EMEA GWS stakeholders
• Participate and when appropriate lead E&C Ambassadors monthly training sessions
• Partner with employees and country/regional leadership to maintain and further develop throughout the organization a strong culture of ethics and compliance, including personal accountability at all levels in the organization with a spirit of partnership and positive problem solving
• Lead, and grow over time, a high-performing & engaged team of Compliance professionals, consisting of experienced Compliance managers and officers, analysts and support staff. Attract, select, develop and retain key talent
• Participates as an active member of the Global Compliance Team
• Assists the evolution or EMEA’s current compliance program and ensure that it is consistent with the RISE values and principles of the organization, fit for purpose and complies with applicable legal requirements
• Complete annual risk assessment process in line with Global guidelines, support the development of mitigation actions and track the implementation of action plans across the business
• Draft and/or update appropriate policies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry codes and alignment with global policies
• Oversee complex investigations, including interviewing internal and external customers across EMEA and reaching balanced conclusions through empirical data gathering
• Assist in implementation and execution of risk based third party due diligence
• Prepare and deliver training and education to ensure understanding of employee responsibilities and ethics and compliance issues, as well as related policies and procedures
• Support CBRE’s acquisition team on compliance diligence and risk areas and implement CBRE’s Compliance program in newly acquired companies
• Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in the company’s discretion
• Four-year and advance degrees with a preference in Business Administration, Law, Accounting, Finance or related field plus a minimum of 10 years professional level compliance, accounting, or legal experience
• A professional designation in compliance, internal audit, fraud investigation, accounting, risk management or legal practice areas
• Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret the most complex business documents
• Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style and make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups
• Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action
• Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products)
• Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail with ability to work well under pressure with proactive approach to routine and non-routine occurrences
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues; ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
• Expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment
• Ability to draw upon the analysis of others and make recommendations that have a direct impact on the company
• Occasional regional / overseas travel to other working locations when required by the business
• Lead by example and model behaviours that are consistent with the company's values
• Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.