EMEA Payroll Transformation & Governance Leader
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 29-Sep-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are looking for an EMEA Payroll Transformation & Governance Leader to join the EMEA People Operations team. The job holder will play a key role in the success of the People Operations function based in EMEA. This role has responsibility to drive Payroll efficiencies, standard processes, strong controls and practices across the EMEA region. The role is representing CBRE’s interests with Payroll Vendors, driving competitive pricing, effective solutions and managing their performance and services across a structured framework and to Corporate MSA.
The role holder will be the EMEA escalation point to payroll issues and support to drive resolution partnering with the People Operations, Finance, SOX and Compliance teams.
- Own the EMEA Payroll roadmap, aligning to Global principles and framework
- Drive delivery of EMEA Payroll transformation across the region
- Payroll SME and project support for any transition or integration projects
- Support in the design of the time and attendance strategy and roadmap for the EMEA Region
- Ensure payroll change is delivered in line with the People Operations change governance framework
- Ensure the payroll change playbook is reviewed and updated following project delivery ensuring continued reflection of best practice
- Conduct regular post-project reviews to ensure anticipated efficiencies and benefits are delivered
Payroll Vendor Management
- Monitors Payroll Service Levels with payroll vendor across all countries and manages escalations where local CBRE country hasn’t had resolution in timeline or to satisfaction and ensures any contractual penalties are applied
- Attends monthly Payroll Operations calls for all Countries, supporting CBRE local teams to articulate root causes and agree efficient solutions with Vendors.
- Tracks country payroll issues for commonality and delivers on solutions in conjunction with Vendor/s, CBRE People Services or other CBRE teams.
- Approves Invoices with country and maintains regional spend summary and billing occurs as per the contract.
- Prepare CBRE relevant materials for quarterly Governance calls, including CBRE Dashboard with Vendor and organise attendees, minutes or other materials as needed
- Conducts required audits against Vendor contracts, including set up of any required privacy compliance, data protection or other changes that may be regulatorily required.
- Reviews any change requests, consolidates and presents for approval with Head of People Operations/ Governance Team. Enhancements should be in alignment with CBRE EMEA strategic direction and for future efficiency and cost savings
- Review and monitor any Vendor Action Plans in place, escalating as needed
- Maintain subject matter expertise and oversight of the payroll vendor marketplace across the region
- Is the Functional day to day Business Owner for Payroll and Leave Management – sets processes to manage approval of new pay codes and ensures that vendor systems matches PeopleSoft HCM & FPO, including pay code and other user defined fields. Approves new code requests across all countries in conjunction with HRIS and Finance Governance.
- Payroll Processing escalation point for processing issues, works across Vendor and CBRE stakeholders, may include, D&T Technical Team, Finance, Treasury to identify issue and work to resolve so Payroll processing continues as per timelines
- Defines business problems and works with relevant subject matter experts, such as Finance Governance, D&T, Data Governance to define enhancements and supports business process change, managing testing of changes when change requests are applied in Vendor system
- Supports in country People Operations teams with improving processes and streamlining manual processes and implementing standard policies. Implements internal SLA’s with People and Finance.
- Ensure Vendor payroll handbooks and related documents are updated in line with statutory changes and as per contract schedule
- Works with Countries and Finance Partners to approve payroll calendars and have signed off by Vendor and CBRE
- Investigates CBRE delays in processing to understand root cause and propose solutions in conjunction with other functional teams and vendor
- Represents the Payroll interest to regional change projects that have a payroll impact, e.g. Finance or Treasury-led change
HR Vendor Management
- Is responsible for central management of other EMEA Payroll related vendors, activities include ensure vendor contracts and statement of works remain compliant to contract
- Monitors vendor performance against contract, being a central contact point for renewal, issue escalation and account management, escalating as needed.
- Educates and reinforces with country teams on vendor contract operations and follows up countries for compliance
Key Experience & skills:
- Operational Payroll experience in at least three EMEA countries preferred
- Payroll transformation experience in large multi nationals
- Business Process improvement or re-engineering focus, ie, LEAN or Six Sigma with experience delivering standardisation and efficiency outcomes
- Significant experience of working to multiple statutory requirements and complex contract, ideally gained in the EMEA region
- Highly experienced at working in a complex matrixed environment, across geographies and managing a range of stakeholders and collaborating to deliver shared outcomes
- Experience with key stakeholders relationships to improve and enhance operational effectiveness and the overall service delivery of the Payroll function for the business
- Experience working within an outsourced delivery model
- Super User experience with PeopleSoft or other People system and advanced skills in Excel