CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an EMEA H&S Advisor to join the team located in London, to cover a period of maternity leave. The successful candidate will primarily be working alongside the EMEA H&S Manager in ensuring first class health and safety performance for our Client in the region.
They will carry out the day to day duties associated with the ongoing implementation and maintenance of the health and safety and environmental management systems. This includes ensuring the business is compliant with all applicable legal and other H&S requirements and driving a positive H&S culture.
• Proactively develop the H&S culture at the client sites - by monitoring performance, legal compliance and identifying areas for improvement
• Work in conjunction with the EMEA H&S Manager to develop annual improvement plan, and monitor and report progress against the plan
• Support and mentor managers in all areas of H&S management and investigate root causes of incidents/near misses/hazards and recommend improvements
• Conduct and manage H&S audits both internal and external
• Administration of H&S management system documentation, procedures, records, and all internal and corporate H&S reporting
• Review, audit and update policies, procedures, and other H&S documentation in line with changes in the business and all new legislation or as a result of recommendations arising from an accident/investigation/audit
• Coordinating, administering, and verifying risk assessments
• Liaise with external agencies, statutory and industry bodies on behalf of the business; consult and communicate H&S matters with all stakeholders
• Identify H&S training requirements and coordinate development and delivery of training - including toolbox talks/training manuals and authorised user lists
• Review, interpret and communicate legislative changes across EMEA when received from third- party compliance assurance vendor
• Manage the H&S document management filing system in compliance with all applicable legislation
• Assist the H&S Administrator with the management of the third-party DSE Workstation training and assessment programme e.g. Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance, managing new and existing users, triaging cases, organising 1:1 assessment, assisting in the ordering or ergonomic equipment etc
• Lead and co-ordinate FM related emergency preparedness and response to the occupied sites including emergency drills, fire marshal and first aider numbers, distribution, and training
• Monitor and respond to HSE queries from the business with competent technical advice and guidance; escalate to HSE Manager where required
• Manage ongoing collation of data for the H&S performance reports, and assist as required in the preparation of the monthly reports
• Review and analyse results of third-party audits and assessments, and monitor completion of actions
• Manage the accident reporting database and undertake initial accident investigation
• Minimum Level 6 qualification in Occupational Health & Safety Management, or any other qualification that meets the criteria for Graduate membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills with good verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
• Strong attention to detail; good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise with changing situations
• Numerate with a high degree of computer literacy - proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge to undertake site inspections, risk assessments and audits and make sound business recommendations for improvements based on risk
• Excellent working knowledge of H&S legislation and H&S management systems
• Ability to interpret data, information, and legal requirement to ensure compliance and write control procedures
• Experience of undertaking accident investigations, root cause analysis and statutory reporting
• Experience of developing safe working procedures and ensuring competency of employees
• Ability to translate academic abilities into a work setting
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail with ability to find creative solutions to problems
• Prepared to proactively develop as a HSE Practitioner, undertaking a programme of training and continuing professional development
• Willingness to regularly travel around the region, including overnight stays
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.