Divisional Finance Director - Data Centre Solutions
Location: Central Europe - various locations
This role is the finance leader within the business area and is expected to significantly contribute to the achievement of the Division’s growth plan through the setting and delivery of key initiatives, active leadership of people and processes, a high level of customer interaction and engagement and governance of the Company’s financial reporting and compliance requirements.
Working closely with the Divisional Leadership Team, the individual is expected to identify, analyse and implement opportunities to enhance business performance and partner with the leadership team to add value to decision making and contribute to the development and implementation of the overall divisional and company business plan.
Building buy-in from the Divisional Leadership Team will be critical to the success of this role. A deep understanding of the Division and its customers, while ensuring consistent application of finance processes and procedures, will be a critical success factor.
• Understand and deliver customer needs while building effective, long-term relationships.
• Use commercial acumen to ensure we meet contractual requirements and maximise returns to the enterprise.
• Delivery of complex contractual obligations, glide path and customer GMP commitments.
• Drive new business wins from ensuring correct financial oversight during the tender stage through to successful transition.
• Influence key stakeholders across geographies to ensure that we are driving profitable outcomes for global clients.
• Build and develop high level relationships with regional and account leaders, customers and external agencies (e.g. auditors).
• Positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility.
• Ensure business issues and solutions are identified promptly, communicated to the appropriate level and resolution monitored via the CBRE monthly contract and business unit review process.
• Constantly seek to improve quality, service and efficiency. Contribute to the evaluation and development of the divisional strategy and Target Operating Model.
• Communicate regularly with divisional financial and contract support staff to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives and achievements.
• Maximise business performance based on understanding of market requirements and changes, and ensuring continuous improvement.
• Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through monthly site visits with focus on under-performing contracts.
• Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
• Have thorough knowledge of procedures and processes and lead the delivery of these to the required standard.
• Lead and deliver divisional financial reporting, including monthly reporting, plans and forecasts.
• Review and challenge that the business units/contracts are providing a realistic, rolling, monthly Profit & Loss forecasts together with annual expectations based on the latest available management information.
• Prepare cost-benefit reports and proactive analytical works to facilitate continuous improvement of business unit performance.
• Develop and deliver processes, systems and infrastructure to support growth and expansion.
• Prepare and deliver financial reports as required by the customer, divisional or regional management.
• Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
• Ensure and check the Divisional finance reports in line with the monthly company timetable including full Profit and Loss Account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations and detailed Project Profitability reporting.
• Ensure CBRE and statutory obligations are met for reporting & governance purposes and adhered to consistently through the Division.
• Own the financial integrity of the Divisional P&L and Balance Sheet.
• Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information provided by Divisional Finance staff.
• Provide information and resolve issues raised by both external and internal auditors.
• Build, lead and motivate a diverse and effective team. Empower team members to take responsibility and accountability.
• Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions.
• Lead structured performance management, personal development, talent and succession activities to ensure that there is a robust pipeline of talent available.
Success in this role will be measured through defined targets as follows:
• Achievement of the Divisional financial plan
• Succession plans for all Business Units/Contracts in place
• Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent).
• Higher educational qualifications to ‘A’ level or degree (or equivalent).
• Highly computer literate.
• Ability to combine strategic vision with hands-on, pragmatic delivery.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills.
• 100% Customer Focused towards internal and external customers, with relentless aim on driving value and solutions that further the company’s goals and objectives.
• Strong influential skills that leverage genuine engagement with cross functional and cross business teams to implement enterprise strategies and solutions.
• Capable of working in a matrix environment.
• Evidence of formal management training. Knowledge
• Understands the requirements of operating in a cross border multiservice line environment.
• Worked in a complex multinational with hands on experience of managing teams in continental Europe.
• Track record of achieving results through others.
• Proven commercial acumen and ability to contribute to decision-making.
• Previous experience of a service industry role using operating systems such as Dynamics AX.
• Dealt with GMP, Cost plus and Fixed price commercial models.
• Involved in acquisitions, including the integration of new businesses.
• Must demonstrate a strong focus on customer service.
• Highly tuned communication communication skills.
• Self--motivated and ambitious.
• Results/ task orientated, with attention to detail.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Committed to customer service delivery.
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities.
• Confidential and discrete approach.
• The individual must be willing to undertake travel as the role/business requires.