CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe.
The real estate market is undergoing significant and exciting change – driven by technology and data. Digital and Technology powered products play a vital role in CBRE’s mission to create unmatched value for our clients. We have unbeatable data, and this role will ensure that data is front and centre of the Corporate Real Estate industry, embedded in our client’s decision-making processes.
At CBRE, technology is increasingly at the forefront of the services and solutions that we provide. It is a differentiator, enabler, game changer and revenue generator as our business increase the gap between us and our competition. We want to ensure that we harness the vast amounts of data we generate, automate processes and services where possible to provide innovative digital solutions that empower our portfolio of clients and at the same time attract new ones.
As the Director of Product Management, you will be a creative leader within the Digital and Technology function, reporting directly to the Head of UK & Ireland, Advisory Services Digital & Technology. In this position you will become the driving force behind shaping the strategy, roadmap and executing on the priorities.
We are looking for a seasoned data product leader who can deliver our UK Data vision and ensure success for the UK business. Someone who has commercial mind and will have designed and shipped data products to customers.
We are looking for a product leader that has a strong data or data science background and can manage and enable the teams beneath and parallel to them. This person will love coaching and leading a strong product team. We are looking for a leader that is experienced in product discovery and can turn knowledge in creative solutions for our clients.
The person must possess technical expertise, project management experience and a strong knowledge of the engineering, agile software development and support processes. They will need to have a mix of commercial and technical capability and experience leading a suite of data products and innovation, enhancing technology.
They will also be pivotal in creating and delivering our longer-term ambition to maximise our value opportunity within our data, e.g., robotics, data science and monetising through a data product or expanding our offering.
This position is strongly cross-functional in nature, requiring strong working relationships with multiple teams, including Product and Platform teams, Data Analytics, User Experience, Marketing, Research, Engineering, and Operations. In addition to internal constituents, you will also work with real-estate brokers, customers, and partners to understand the market requirements and to support the business. The work is often quite consultative in nature, and therefore a strong problem-solving orientation is critical.
• Deliver product roadmaps, and influence the balance of scope-budget-timelines, strategic planning, and demonstrate agile expertise
• Responsible for shaping and driving the product strategy, roadmap and priorities, leading our internal processes.
• Owns the product backlog, facilitates discussions and prioritisation of business outcomes aligned to client problems and needs
• Owns product discovery - gathering and analyzing data and insight from customers, real estate brokers, marketing, development, data scientists and analysts, in addition to a good understanding of the real estate market
• Deliver a complete product to the market (software, hardware, services, documentation, training)
• Develop requirements and use cases for new product features and client solutions that solve problems and drive commercial outcomes
• Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to product managers and the team throughout the product lifecycle and career progressions
• Monitor the status of development projects supporting new features, solutions and products
• Conduct business-level verification and market testing of new features, solutions and products
• Become an expert on competitive products in the marketplace
• Provides regular updates and manages stakeholder communication and reporting
• Perform product demonstrations and product technical presentations
• Perform analysis for build/buy/partner decisions
• Manage 3rd party technology product vendors and contracts
The individual must be highly entrepreneurial and a strategic thinker who can solve today’s problems as well as build strategies for growth. The individual will need to be hands-on and work closely with all levels in the company, including senior management. The person needs to have:
• Previous in-depth experience in product management, where you were responsiible for product vision, strategy, and execution
• Demonstrable successes in launching and iterating products as the strategic owner, preferably data / data science products
• Commercial product leadership experience and can demonstrate building and growing a data product
• Previous people management experience (direct and indirect) with a cross-functional product team
• Track record of developing your people and growth
• Ability to motivate team members with influence and accomplish goals
• Ability to cover whatever gaps that may exist in the process to get the product shipped
• Proactive in identifying problems early and to prioritize deliverables
• Good combination of technical and business background
• Effectively communicate with engineers and executives
• Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products
• Self-motivated, smart and quick to learn
• Interest in, and focus on, customers and passionate about creating good user experiences
• Willing to travel, locally and internationally.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good knowledge of agile software development processes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
• A commitment to your career so you can grow
• An awesome team with whom to collaborate (including great consulting partners)
• A competitive compensation package, complete with benefits, holidays
• An open source culture/atmosphere that encourages learning and contributing back to the community. We support staying on top of the latest best practices and tools
• Flexible work schedules and casual atmosphere