CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion. We have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, currently ranking #128. CBRE has more than 100,000 employees and serves real estate investor and occupier clients in more than 100 countries
We provide services for real estate occupiers and investors. For occupiers, we provide facilities management, project management, transaction and consulting services, among others. For investors, we provide capital markets, leasing, investment management, property management, valuation and development services, among others.
Job Title: Director - Strategic Advisory
Strategic Advisory Role
The CBRE Strategic Advisory team brings market-leading expertise to help clients navigate complexities to develop successful business strategies, make informed decisions, implement robust programmes and utilise the best technologies to unlock value and achieve sustainability from their real assets across real estate and infrastructure. Our clients are Investors, Developers, Occupiers, Operators and Public Bodies across all sectors. We work across the full lifecycle, from strategic inception to implementation, operation and exit.
The team comprises a diverse blend of business strategy, strategic programme management, business transformation and change, digital and real asset advisers drawn from top-tier business consulting and professional services firms. Client service excellence lies at the heart of everything we do. We have a distinct, inclusive and entrepreneurial culture, whereby each individual is encouraged and supported to achieve their full potential, working together respectfully and collaboratively as a cohesive team. Everyone in the team, from junior to senior levels, brings something distinct to our group and our clients, having a voice in how we shape and grow our business and work together.
Despite COVID-19 and other factors affecting markets, in 2020, Strategic Advisory achieved 48% year-on-year revenue growth and 83% year-on-year EBITDA growth. Underpinned by this success, and with an ambitious five year growth plan, Strategic Advisory is scaling up and is recruiting at several levels of seniority. The opportunity below relates to Associate Director roles. We would be keen to hear from candidates with interests and capabilities in Vision & Strategy, Strategic Programme Management, Business Transformation & Change and Digital Advisory. Real estate sector experience is welcome but not vital, and enquiries from candidates with relevant experience in other sectors and contexts is of interest.
• As a Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day project management of your workstream, including owning deliverables, managing senior client relationships, supporting junior team members and providing clear Management Information.
• You will be responsible for originating, pursuing and securing new client business opportunities, leveraging your market network and playing a leading role in the development and growth of the Strategic Advisory team
• Work autonomously and/or as part of a team as may be required
• Engage with clients to build relationships of trust, understand their strategic objectives, priorities, opportunities and constraints and translate these into clear and compelling proposals, pitches and deliverables
• Shape and lead client pitches and proposals, building and leveraging networks across CBRE and in the market to bring best-in-class client solutions, managing third party subcontractors and other specialists as may be required, including establishment and management of all relevant contractual arrangements in compliance with corporate policies and reflecting sound commercial judgement
• Originate Thought Leadership pieces
• Use robust quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess client situations and devise recommended strategies and solutions
• Prepare clear, robust client reports and business plans
• Oversight and management of client engagements to:
o Ensure adherence to CBRE corporate policies and procedures
o Manage and direct resources
o Ensure compliance with contractual requirements
o Provide effective quality control and integrity of advice and deliverables
o Manage risk and commercials
o Manage financial performance to achieve the expected metrics
o Identify new opportunities
• Take responsibility in the Management, development and support of more junior members of the team as a line manager and/or on engagements. Provide active coaching, mentoring and care for the individual and their career development.
We seek candidates with a combination of the following:
• Experience working within a major management consultancy or other relevant business environment, ideally in the following areas:
o Vision & Strategy
o Strategic Programme Management
o Business Transformation & Change
o Digital Advisory
• Recognised qualifications(s) and/or accreditation(s) in areas relevant to the above, including high levels of proficiency in relevant management consultancy tools and techniques
• An established client and market network and good industry profile, with strong entrepreneurial aptitude
• Proven achievements in identifying, securing and delivering high-value new business consulting engagements
• Highly articulate with good written and oral communication skills, including extensive experience of leading preparation and review of client reports and presentations
• Structured approach to problem-solving
• Numerate and proficient in both quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Strong attention to detail, commitment to achieving high quality client deliverables and hands-on involvement in the shaping and review of client deliverables and other outputs
• Highly flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and comfortable with environments of uncertainty
• Highly entrepreneurial and enquiring mindset
• Strong influencing skills
• Good interpersonal skills, a genuine belief in collaboration and a clear ability to lead and inspire others
• Highly effective team coordination and management skills
• Private and public sector client experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.