The Midlands and South Building Consultancy team offers a range of Building Surveying, Engineering Services and both Project Management and Cost Consultancy services. The team is currently 35 strong including 6 + 2 dedicated Project Managers and Cost Consultants and 19 Building Surveyors.
We have identified a need for a senior Project Management resource to support the head of Project & Cost management. The team forms part of the 300 strong UK wide Building Consultancy Group and works closely with our Project & Cost Management and Consultancy Teams in the rest of the UK
- Being primarily Birmingham based, but working across the region supporting and working with the head of the team in the direct day to day management of the local team ensuring resources are managed and coordinated and that projects are delivered in accordance with CBRE technical and corporate standards.
- Capable senior Project manager with the ability to deliver project work from inception to completion with the minimum of supervision to meet the project objectives and in accordance with company policies across a range of sectors. Able to cover all Project Management and some Cost Management disciplines.
- Operate within the local market including networking and marketing to build the profile of the team. Identify and win new business.
- Form part of the UK Project & Cost Management Group and assist with the overall growth of the Project & Cost Management business in particular working closely with the management team for the Midlands & South Region.
- MRICS or Equivalent qualified Project Management Surveyor with at least 5 years relevant post qualification commercial surveying experience in the Commercial sector; Some Residential or Educational sector experience is advantageous.
- Good appreciation of professional and project based matters.
- Looks for opportunities to bring and build value, delivering client solutions which exceed expectations.
- Ability to build teams appropriate the delivery of client advice, with correct mixes of experience, skills and commerciality.
- Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships.
- Understand the basics of the local and wider property market and CBRE’s services.
- Able to plan and manage own and team’s workload.
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Leads by example, and is able to influence, lead and motivate others through action as well as words.
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with fast track projects and changing client requirements.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Planning, organizing and decision-making.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clean driving license.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.