CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Director, Project Management – Investor & Developer Team
The Investor & Developer team forms one of two Project Management services lines within the Building Consultancy’s Project and Cost Management Group. Providing project management services primarily to property investors and developer clients, the team currently comprises four fee earners with a shared support function.
The Investor & Developer team have established a significant level of secured work coming into 2018 and is has been working closely with existing clients along with CBRE’s development and leasing teams to successfully secure further high-profile work going forward into 2020 with an expanded team.
We are looking for an experienced Project/Development Manager to work at Director level.
The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering complex residential and office developments through the feasibility, planning and delivery process. We are looking for a team member who not only has considerable project management experience but also has a thorough understanding of the commercial components that drive successful developments. The successful candidate also needs to have both written and verbal skills and capable of running projects with junior team members
• Provide direction, coordination of specific projects through the feasibility, planning, design and delivery process ensuring consistency with CBRE company strategy, commitments and goals
• Manage internal and external project teams (consulting and contracting) in the successful delivery of all projects through all stages of a project.
• Main Point of Contact for Client
• Understand and control of the key project tools such as Master Programme, PEP, appointments, Project insurance and authorise payments
• Stakeholder Management
• Arrange Tender Documentation, Tender Evaluation and Contractor Selection/Appointment and Construction including Pre-Construction Services Agreement
• Manage Main Contractor and Performance Management of Consultants
• Attend Client Meetings and Project Meetings
• Progress Reports
• Manage the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Manage the definition of project tasks and resource requirements
• Prepare the development of project programmes and overall strategy plans
• Manage the assembly and coordination of project teams as required to suit complexity of the project
• Participate in the management of project budgets & fees
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Assist in the monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects to all stakeholders
• Prepare reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Participate in the implementation and management of project changes
• Participate in providing efficient and timely support to other CBRE service lines where required to assist in securing instructions
• Identify and deliver opportunities to cross sell other CBRE service lines
• Identify fee earning opportunities within both internal CBRE market place and external market place
• Directly contribute to the overall annual fee target of the team
• Preferably MRICS/APM qualified (General Practice of Project Management)
• Experience in Project Management
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management techniques and tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating drive and determination
• Assertive, persuasive and self-motivated
• Ability to build working relationships in a diverse team environment
• Leads by example, influence, lead and motivate others through action as well as words
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to cope with fast track projects and changing client requirements
• Commitment to continually developing ability and skill base
• Demonstration of good time management, focussing appropriate resources to meet client and project objectives
• Critical thinking, planning and problem-solving skills
• Conflict management
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.