Job Title: Director – Central London Team - 12 month maternity contract
Location: St Pauls, London
About the Team
Property Management is one of CBRE’s key service lines. The business employs circa 600 people within the UK.
They enable their clients to focus on their core business by managing their real estate with total efficiency and with the aim of maximising its value. Their investment in both people and technology has created a state-of-the-art property management service, ironing out inefficiencies and adding value all the time.
The Central London team are responsible for the management of some of London’s most notable and prestigious Buildings. Some notable examples of their management instructions include:
• 20 Fenchurch Street
• St Botolphs Building
• Rathbone Square
Collectively they comprise 22 fee earners (including 1 Senior Directors & 5 Directors) and generate a fee income to the business in excess of £6.2m. They have ambitious yet realistic growth objectives with an anticipated projected income of circa £3m in the next 3 years.
- The role will be wide ranging and will include the following:
- Work closely with the existing team of 5 fee earners, Associate Director to Surveyor level, to ensure all works/activities pertaining to the management agreement are carried out to agreed timescales/deadlines, ensuring all agreed expectations are upheld.
- Assess client business to provide both a strategic and creative input advising where either the service or management agreement can be improved and implement plans to maximise profitability.
- Attend regular meetings with Client/Internal Property Management Teams to ensure information flow and obtain feedback.
- Involvement in prospecting potential clients, responding to RFP’s and presentations, working alongside the team lead and dedicated Business Development team.
- Manage performance of third party suppliers, (agents, solicitors, contractors, etc.) ensuring agreed costs/timescales are adhered to.
- Review and manage arrears reports/event schedules/service charge expenditure (quarterly).
- Raise management fees and monitor ad hoc fee raising and collecting.
- Review Service Charge Budgets and Reconciliations to ensure they are accurate and issued within agreed timescales.
- Manage liaison between Surveying, accounts and FM teams to ensure progress, clear reporting lines and all tasks for all teams completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor Meridian and P2P with Associate Director/Estate Manager.
- Complete 1 to 1’s for all team members with direct line management responsibility.
- Providing client advise on office lease renewals/rent reviews and negotiating to completion
- Interact closely with fellow peers prompting regular cross fertilisation of ideas and initiatives.
- Actively promote the CBRE name within the market at every opportunity.
- Following induction and familiarisation with the CBRE way of working, it is envisaged that the successful applicant will make an increasing annual contribution to the income level of the business.
- In order to be considered suitable for this role, selected candidates will need to meet the majority of the following criteria:
- In-depth property management experience ideally gained within a real estate consultancy or similar. Well versed in client account management and naturally focussed on client delivery, but with the gravitas to influence clients when certain expectations are unrealistic.
- Ability to help develop the business and subsequently support the growth and expansion of both the Central London team and Asset Services business as a whole.
- Ability to apply a commercial approach to problems, delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
- Ideally living in the London/South East area.
- In order for the person to be successful in this role, they will need to possess the following behavioural attributes:
- An energetic, motivated and tenacious professional with natural drive and innovative flair.
- Entrepreneurial and committed to delivering higher service levels and exceeding expectations.
- Successful track record of working closely within an asset/property management team.
- He/she will have the gravitas and presence to generate early respect.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to adopt both a professional and commercial approach.
- Ability to communicate with and form close working relationships with peers and associates of CBRE.
- Highly presentable with the ability to gain trust and respect and fit into the CBRE way of working.
- Well organised with the ability to operate independently under a broad direction.
- A broad thinker with the inherent ability to ‘get the job done’.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.