CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Day Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all environmental conditions are always maintained regarding critical building systems. They will be carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site demonstrating relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, PDU’s, Crac units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find using the production of graphical information and the utilisation of current alarm data.
• Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists
• Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the building are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made - these reactive calls to also include concessionary stores and fabric related items
• Ensure all statutory compliance PPM’s are carried out
• Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to always maintain plant in serviceable order
• Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works; provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract administrator.
• Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to always ensure safe working practices
• Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff, subcontractors, and the client representatives
• Ensure the provision of a Safe and Healthy working environment - to always include the wearing of uniform and PPE
• Ensure the professional image of CBRE Managed Services is always presented to clients
• Ensure up to date shift logs are always kept
• Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of CBRE are always locked and are kept in a clean and tidy condition
• Supervise and monitor sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance; undertake lone working when and where required, subject to passing satisfactory training
• Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate; ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation
• Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s
• Ensure Computer Based Maintenance system, 360, is kept up to date and that PPM and reactive tickets are closed out with accurate data captured
• Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with CBRE Quality, Health & Safety procedures, and client requirements (or approved client system)
• Any other task as directed by the account management team
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills
• Formally trained in electrical/mechanical maintenance with experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria
• Good verbal communication skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service
• It is essential staff are self-motivated and promote a “Can do” customer attitude at all times and flexible approach
• Planning including prioritization of tasks from PPM’s and help desk requests
• Reacting to break downs and change in priorities
• Sourcing and vetting quotations; progress control and quality control
• Safe system and work control system closeout
• Able to work on their own initiative
• Good customer liaison skills along with a front of the house mentality
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.