CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Data Governance Lead to join the team located in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of data quality managers supporting clients to implement governance in their data operations, identifying data quality issues and driving initiatives to improve the quality of their data.
• Act as a key point of contact for all Data Governance related topics
• Support clients in defining and executing a data strategy by which data is acquired, governed, and its quality is managed
• Support clients to implement an end-to-end data governance framework to support good data quality and data protection requirements (i.e. GDPR) ideally based on the DAMA governance model
• Provide advice on the interpretation and implementation of data related policies to the CBRE internal organization on behalf of clients
• Manage exceptions to policies, escalating them to the adequate forum for discussion and decision making; define criteria to assess compliance against policies
• Provide guidance, strategy, and oversight for data-related programs
• Ensure account wide awareness and communication of the content of data related policies
• Work with client organizations to ensure consistency in the front-to-back adoption and implementation of the Data Governance Policy. Ensuring CBRE alignment with data policies and standards, business data definitions and data quality standards
• Support client Reporting Leads to assess, prioritize, and mitigate risks that may affect business operations, risk management, and regulatory compliance due to poor data quality
• Identify opportunities for more effective management and use of data relating to data managed on behalf of the client by CBRE
• Support the development of any conceptual or logical data modelling activities ensuring they are aligned with data policies and standards as provided by the client organization
• Run data certification (specialized assurance programs to provide a functional as well as technical assurance of compliance against this policy)
• Ensure execution of prioritized data initiatives that deliver against the data strategy; produce consolidated dashboards with data quality indicators; support prioritization of Data Quality issues based on formalized criteria
• Lead the definition of data quality controls and indicators to ensure data meets required minimum quality levels as agreed with the client organization
• Ensure data quality issues are investigated and root causes analyzed in collaboration with key stakeholders and that remedial actions take place (ad-hoc or part of strategic programs)
• Monitor distribution of data and monitor its level of compliance with existing policies
• Define and implement data service level agreements for data managed on behalf of the client by CBRE
• Advise on internally strategic data governance programmes to ensure alignment with the GWS data strategy
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work or equivalent work experience; requires technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes
• PC literate; good to advanced understanding of Microsoft Office
• Eye for detail
• Understanding of technological infrastructure and business process architecture; particularly knowledge of modelling processes related to data, processes, and business capabilities
• Knowledge of the transformations that take place in the front to back lifecycle (adjustments, models, and engines, etc.)
• Deep understanding of the front to back data lifecycle
• Real Estate domain knowledge desirable but not essential
• Typically has 12+ years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrable experience of having worked in a data governance role previously and having implemented business policies to support data management.
• Experience in the collection and definition of requirements in data management and data control related projects
• Experience in production of data frameworks and standards to communicate common standards
• The role requires the post holder to work outside of core office hours on a frequent basis with occasional regional/overseas travel to other working locations when required by the business
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.