Data Centre Project Support Supervisor, Dublin.
We are looking for a Project Support Supervisor to oversee and manage all out-of-scope projects, extra works and DC expansions across the Dublin Campus.
The Project Support Supervisor plays a key role for critical operations being the main point of contact for our client, CBRE and third-party vendors contracted to deliver on identified projects and expansions across the Campus. The Project Support Supervisor is the operational liaison with the construction team on future DC build projects to ensure that all construction activities are carried out in such a way that mitigates and minimizes risk to the operational side of the Data Centre.
In addition, the Project Support Supervisor will be required to develop an in-depth knowledge of any technical systems handed over to operations. This will be required to generate operational documentation to allow the CE Team to operate and maintain the equipment safely and effectively.
The ideal candidate will have strong project experience, possess excellent analytical skills, program management experience, and a track record of delivering programs in a Data Centre or similar critical environment.
For interface Works with existing Operations
• Develop, and manage the onsite Projects support team operating across the campus.
• Oversee and manage the integration of new DC buildings into existing Campus.
• Be the point of contact during significant events or technical escalations occurring that require Project’s support team input/support
• During any interface works with existing operations, audit and challenge subcontractor works in the operational environment.
• Audit and challenge subcontractor works in the operational environment.
• Ensure the development all site related procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, DRILLS and APs as part of the facility handover to operations. All documentation should be consistent with current runbook standards.
• Develop switching schedules in conjunction with the CE Technical Supervisors where shutdowns are required.
• Process and Approve CMOPs / Method Statements submitted by all construction related works.
• Attendance on Shutdowns and isolations during construction/commissioning as required.
• Generation of technical reports detailing the activities and issues relevant to the Projects support team for our Client & CE operations as required.
For all new Builds within the Campus
• Act as “owners advocate” for start-up and commissioning activities.
• Attendance at startup/Integration Meetings as/if requested.
• Coordination of CE Team attendance on Commissioning, walk downs or IST as available.
• O&M Reviews and Sign off
• Develop Vendor Training Program in conjunction with the Campus Training Coordinator & Technical Manager for existing CE Team.
• Snagging / Defect Reporting – This includes the management of these to closure after handover to Operations.
• Warranty Management (in conjunction with the Planning Manager)
• Critical Spares – Assess requirements for new builds.
• Development of detailed emergency, maintenance, and drill procedures.
For out of scope works (non-construction related)
• Ownership for the successful onboarding of contractors being set up to deliver out of scope works ensuring compliance to the Campus processes and procedures.
• Responsible for the project tracking and integration of all out of scope approved projects into CE operations.
• Track all Project work with a detailed schedule outlining milestone and expected deadlines to ensure completion as specified by client as captured in CMMS (work done before Due Date)
• Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements for CBRE owned projects. Prepares project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
• Manage delivery and implementation of new initiatives, continuous improvement, and energy efficiency projects across the Campus.
• Full understanding of all scope of works for all projects on the Campus – working with in-house Technical planners & PM Schedulers, ensure smooth delivery of all projects on their sites ensuring no impact to day to day operations and completed as per site processes/requirements.
• Ensure pre-approval for all high-risk activities associated with projects works is in place on the Campus.
• Manage all vendor documentation submitted to the CE team associated with out-of-scope projects ensuring all is current and up to date.
• Process and Approve CMOPs / Method Statements and Risk Assessments submitted by all project related works.
• Issue permit to works for works falling under the Projects teams’ scope.
Project Support Team
• Talent manage all staff within the projects team to ensure appropriate training plans, performance reviews and career progression is identified.
• Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to
• Undertake their roles across the Campus and are able to reach their full future potential.
• Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with the customer, site engineers and other internal and client stakeholders.
• Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
• Ensure both the clients and CBRE’s, Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policies and processes are effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors’ activities.
• Promote and maintain the core Values of CBRE.
• Manage other tasks as directed by your senior management team.