Data Centre Electrical Shift Engineer
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Data Centre Electrical Shift Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in Dublin. As the post holder, you will be expected to carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building infrastructure/plant, equipment in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies and undertake small installation works, repairs to building fabric, and handyman duties.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that (Approved codes of practice) ACOP’s applicable to the maintenance industry are followed.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and client’s staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Ensure logbooks, shift hand-over and the client’s reporting is updated.
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
- The engineer must be formally trained in electrical services maintenance.
- Fetac/QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Electrical or City & Guilds 236 parts 1 & 2 (or later) 17th Edition or equivalent qualification.
- Up to date skills on building management systems, ACOP’s, fire and environmental control, building control, and health and safety.
- Experience of mission critical facilities maintaining, but not limited to, UPS systems, BMS operation, emergency standby generators, testing of electrical systems and HVAC systems.
- Proven mechanical and electrical engineering experience, undertaking reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
- Good verbal communication skills
- Organised and with good written English skills
- Good Computer skills are a necessity as there are number of reports that are required to be sent to CBRE personnel and the client, as well as logging PPM’s, work reports and incidences on the client’s system.
- To be able to demonstrate a good use of excel, word and outlook.
- Ability to learn, and develop both technical knowledge, and understanding or local organisational systems and processes.
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.