Job Title: Data Analyst – Retail Valuation
To assist the valuers in the team by building data process and managing inbound client data, helping to prepare retail property valuations and bespoke client valuation schedules.
The Retail Valuation and Advisory team is a dynamic group of 20 staff that provides market leading valuation advice to Real Estate Investment Trusts, financial institutions, fund managers, private property companies, and domestic and international banks. We principally provide valuations for financial reporting and loan security purposes and have specialist knowledge of the shopping centre, retail park, food store and outlet centre markets.
We operate nationally, valuing over £20 billion of assets on a regular basis, ranging from £2 million to £2 billion each. Key clients include Land Securities, British Land, Nuveen, Aviva and Legal and General.
• Building processes, models and templates for Retail data
• Meet team requirement on data preparation, including data collection, cleansing and manipulation
• Analysing client data in excel to identity recent property-level changes on a number of assets valued on a monthly and quarterly basis and assist in the development of a robust Retail data management system.
• Data input and extraction and preparing bespoke analysis of valuation information.
• Update and continuously seek to improve bespoke client schedules, detailing all the key outputs from our valuations
• Create data analysis of property income and property performance, including benchmarking analysis against property industry indices
• Assist with the preparation of client reports
• Manage databases summarising the team’s valuations on a quarterly basis.
• Interpret instructions, assessing required timescales and potential issues, seeking help and advice appropriately
Person Specification / Requirements
• Highly numerate and excellent attention to detail
• Advanced Excel skills required, knowledge of Argus software not mandatory
• Maintains a positive, proactive and helpful attitude
• Confident and self-motivated
• Strong organisational skills and ability to handle several concurrent tasks
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise
• Team player, keen to support colleagues and clients
• Communicate clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing
• Proven track record within work environment.
• Alteryx or equivalent data management software skills desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have over 95,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,500 of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.