CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #146 in 2019. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 18 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2019. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
The purpose of this position is to lead the day to day delivery of the business unit. This incorporates driving rapid sustainable growth, statutory compliance and governance, the management and development of staff (operational, sales, contract support and management), the continual development of our customers base and full operational responsibility of the business unit.
Strategic Planning and Review
- Formulate business and sale plans in response to anticipated economic, technological and market trends.
- Continually focus on developing the business through building customer relationship and ensuring that resources are prepared to manage this growth i.e. a robust but realistic succession plan in place
- Identify tracks and influences key KPI and financial performance metrics to deliver required performance level
- Present a well thought business unit review with no surprises, untruths and sufficient challenge of presented data has taken place to validate the content
Financial & Asset Management
- Take appropriate actions indicated by variances to ensure revenue, operating profit, working capital and booking targets are met and continually improved upon without compromising exceptional service standard or customer relationship
- Ensure robust contract reviews are led by AGM’s/AD’s/HOP’s with check and challenge of detail and are used as coaching and development opportunities
- Ensure high site standard including front and back house areas
- Ensure we live up to the CBRE brand promise and that the service offerings are always fully evidenced on all sites.
- Lead and own the mobilization and transition activities to ensure CBRE and customer expectations are met, and all mobilizations are signed off at Executive level
- Ensure fair treatment of suppliers at all time, professional supplier management and arbitration of disputes
- Work closely with procurement team to ensure maximum use of preferred suppliers and robust back to back contracts, performance focused contracts are in place with contract duration by leveraging maximum value
Business Development and Marketing
- Lead tender bid activity including sale and operational resourcing, sign off, document and commercial reviews and presentation standard
- Ensure all sale pipeline activities in accurate as far as possible for projects and contract opportunities
- Identify and target in partnership with client and sale solution community, suitable quality and volume of work to enhance growth and value in the overall company and business unit
- Represent CBRE in a professional and credible manner to customers and the public
- Build and develop high-level customer relationship with both existing and potential customers through fully understanding of their needs and demands
- Focus on delivering excellent service level are maintained at times
- Is contactable and responsive to customers at times
Quality and Safety Management
- Monitor and identify areas of improvement as a matter of course
- Create a culture of exceptional quality and innovation
- Set an example of exceptional standard in all activities, language and communication
- Identify and act on safety trends and reports to create intervention to protect business, our people and drive continuous safety improvement
- Ensure mandatory processes are in place, and are compliant including but not limited to; line management auditing, HOP auditing, business unit QSHE objective and tracking, H&S scenario training and investigation
- Ensure the team has the skills and motivation to perform their roles to the bets of their abilities. All staff must attend the company induction day and all mandatory trainings
- Is constantly visible and accessible to the team
- Ensure all staff are appraised annually and all managers are formally trained in the CBRE appraisal process and staff development plans are in place
- Build a robust succession plan for the business unit by engaging Talent Management team as talent retention strategies
- Build and encourage a culture of reward and recognition within the business unit
Required Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public group. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key talents, top management and client group to take desired actions.
Ability to solve advanced problem and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Require expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sale environment. Draw upon the analysis of others and make recommendation that have direct impact to the company
Require in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Review complex financial/business analysis and reports. Ability to analyze the most complete business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develop and implement financial policies and procedures. Oversea and approve business unit budget
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Must have a strong command of the English language and excel in the areas of spelling, grammar and punctuation
Proven track record in senior or executive management role which has included responsibility of services, culture, people and business growth
Highly developed interpersonal skill, enthused by fast paced, high growth environment
Qualifications and Education:
PHD, Master or bachelor’s degree from college or university and a minimum of 15 years of experience and industry knowledge in facilities management, building services and projects.