CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE: CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2016 revenue).
The Company has 90,000+ employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers across 100+ countries worldwide.
CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates and supports the implementation and sustainment of the corporate compliance program across the APAC region. The program is designed to create and sustain best practice systems, policies, and tools to enable our people, businesses, and partners to act ethically, stay in compliance, and live by our RISE values at the country or business unit level.
- Analyze and reviews basic accounting transactions, data, financial statements and documents to assess compliance with department policies and procedures, Service Organization Controls, and audit requirements for respective line of business.
- Performs quarterly Anti-Corruption reviews across the region to ensure compliance with Service Organization Controls.
- Carries out independent investigations especially those involving fraud, bribery & corruption.
- Understands and can facilitate the policy and procedure infrastructure within the business and assists with the identification of gaps in compliance policy and procedures.
- Confers with department to analyze current operational procedures and processes. Identifies and shares issues/problems with Compliance management.
- Publishes department documents including policy and procedures documents and forms, and all other requested documents from the various shared service teams.
- Supports the risk assessment process efficiently and effectively, capturing business inputs.
- Participate on Local Best Practices Team meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MBA (Finance)/Chartered Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner/equivalent certificate preferred.
Years of Experience
- 5-6 years of experience in related field with at least 3 years in Big 4.
Other Skills and Abilities
- A candidate having a writing/reading knowledge of Urdu language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Team management and people management skills
- Ability to collect, analyze and summarize accounting data.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Basic understanding of how behaviors affect people and dynamics of an organization and a general understanding of effective ethics and compliance programs.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure with proactive approach to routine and non-routine occurrences.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical and quantitative skills. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. May develop, recommend, and implement improvements in department efficiencies, process, procedure, and/or policy.
- Resolves escalated questions and problems within the department. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Able to handle multiple projects, deadlines and assignment successfully. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor
With direction from Business and Compliance Leadership, manages the planning, organization, and controls for audit department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.