Job Title Contract Manager
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions ‘Local Facilities Management’ is a leading provider of facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies. We are a Company that prides ourselves on offering an excellent service and are growing at around 20% year-on-year.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Contract Manager to lead, manage and develop a defined contract, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded.
The role will involve managing a number of high profile sites, based in London.
• Responsible for the contract management of the staff, operation and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical plants/services, project works and Building performance.
• Daily management of the Engineering team including compliance with CBRE disciplinary processes and procedures.
• To direct, instruct and manage all CBRE staff under their control as well as SSP’s ensuring compliance with working practices.
• To complete the weekly operations report to the client and attend weekly operations meeting, client meetings as requested, in conjunction with the client.
• Ensure that all matters that may impact the smooth running of the building and facilities are immediately reported to both CBRE and the contracts Senior Management.
• To conduct regular reviews of operating procedures making recommendations for improvement with appropriate working practices and emergency/contingency procedures within the critical systems.
• Liaise and keep informed both the client and the CBRE Area Manager on all aspects of contract problems (defects & deficiencies).
• To ensure that all staff within their control are conversant with the operation and control of critical and noncritical systems installed within the portfolio.
• To ensure quality is maintained throughout the facilities.
• Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
• Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence.
• Working with other Operations Managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues.
• Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
• Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
• Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full future potential.
• Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off site training for plant and systems as they are installed. This may require nights away from home.
• Experience in Building Services industry.
• HV Authorised Person (Preferable).
• Completed recognised formal Electrical or Mechanical training to at least city and Guilds level, preferably ONC/HNC or Higher.
• Strong communication skills. Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team of technicians/operatives.
• Possess an understanding of Health and Safety issues, NEBOSH / IOSH, or equivalent formal training would be desirable.
• Conversant with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• A good level of English and Mathematics required.
• Strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to prioritise workloads.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.