CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Campus Planning Manager to join our Data Centre Solutions team based in Dublin. As a Campus Planning Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing a long-term strategic plan for the Campus. This plan will ensure that all Vendor and in-house Preventative Maintenance, projects, break fix work orders are identified, prioritized, executed and results measured in alignment with plan. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and a track record of delivering programs in a Data Centre or similar critical environment.
- Develop, and manage the planning team operating across the campus.
- Responsible for planning and directing the Campus strategic and long-range goals.
- Define the roadmap and long-term strategy for the planning team
- Evaluate and continually drive to improve the planning system, processes, and tools for use within the Critical Operations teams on Campus
- Mentor and grow the standard and competence of the planning staff across the campus, ensuring knowledge share, best practice is exercised and consistency across all the Data Centre
- Manage overall Campus planning including in scope works (Planned & Break fix), out of scope works – Projects, end of life works.
- Ownership of the Technical Scheduling and CMMS Administration of the full Vendor Planned maintenance & break fix schedule for the Campus
- Responsible for the billing of completed versus forecasted working into CMMS for accurate monthly billing. Provide full breakdown on any breaches of to the Biz OPs manager
- Resource management, utilization & forecasting for all CE works – operations, projects, correctives, end of life, in & out of scope works
- Vendor contract renewal & scope for the Campus – working with the Biz OPs manager, lead & manage renewal process each financial year focusing on asset and resource planning elements
- Manages maintenance initiatives, pilots, energy, or cost saving proposals around maintenance on Campus
- Brings innovative ideas, concepts, and outside-in opportunities in a way that contributes to the broader CE team on Campus
- Monitors all out/in scope projects from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules
- Partner with business and technical teams to design and implement solutions to meet critical environment objective
- Lead and develop core planning meetings, with the necessary agenda, input, and outputs. Ensure effective planning, common understanding and delivery targets to achieve Campus and Business requirements
- Talent manage all staff within the planning team to ensure appropriate training plans, performance reviews and career progression is identified.
- Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning.
- Audit and monitor your team’s efficiency around planning/scheduling vendors and in-house works. Develop efficiencies and innovations that benefit the planning/scheduling processes, team, and wider CE critical operation.
- Working with your in-house Technical planners & PM Schedulers, ensure smooth delivery of all “in house & Vendor” Planned maintenance. projects & break fix works on their sites ensuring no impact to day to day operations and completed as per site processes/requirements.
- Chair work order update meeting with the CMMS SME’s, Technical Planners and PM scheduler to update & close out all Vendor/in-house break fix work orders for the Campus. This can also include updating the aged Vendor break fix WO’s on CMMS.
- Arrange Contractor Performance Reviews with relevant vendors to review performance and vendor scores per quarter.
- Ensure both the clients and CBRE’s, Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policies and processes are effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors’ activities.
- Promote and maintain the core Values of CBRE.
- 3rd level degree qualified ideally.
- 5+ years’ previous experience in a people management role.
- Excellent ability to work across functions & with diverse management teams
- Proven experience in project, change, continuous & systems management
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- An understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical infrastructure used in a data centre environment.
- Strong understanding of CMMS Computerised Maintenance Management Systems and tools.
- Proven Record of Vendor Negotiation and Performance management.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client, employees, and subcontractors.
- Numerate and computer literate. Intermediate to advanced software skills – MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
- Has vision, and able to communicate this effectively. A role model for customer service excellence and politically astute.
- Organised, able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- Must be willing to be flexible in their working patterns as needed to support requirements dictated by the rhythm of the business