CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Job Title: Business Unit Leader (BUL)
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Business Unit Leader to join the team located in London.
As a Business Unit Leader, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day delivery of the Business Unit. This incorporates driving rapid sustainable growth, statutory compliance and governance, the management and development of staff, (operational, sales, contract support and management), the continual development of our customer base and full operational responsibility for the BU.
Strategic Planning and Review
1. Formulates business and sales plans in response to anticipated economic, technological and market trends.
2. Continually focuses on developing the business through building customer relationships and ensuring that resources are prepared to manage this growth i.e. a robust but realistic succession plan is in place.
3. Identifies tracks and influences key KPI and financial performance metrics to deliver required performance levels.
4. Presents a well thought out BU review that ensures no surprises, no untruths and sufficient challenge of presented data has taken place to validate the content.
5. Actively support the success of firstly Norland, then the division and finally the BU in all decision making.
Quality and Safety Management
1. Monitors and identifies areas for improvement as a matter of course.
2. Creates a culture of exceptional quality and innovation.
3. Sets an example of exceptional standards in all activities, language and communications.
4. Identifies and acts on safety trends and reports to create interventions to protect the business, our people and drive continuous safety improvement.
5. Ensures mandatory processes are in place, and are compliant including but not limited to; line management auditing, HOP auditing, BU QHSE objective setting and tracking, Dynamic RA, H&S scenario training and RIDDOR investigations
1. Ensures the team has the skills and motivation to carry out their roles to the best of their abilities. This includes all staff attending the Company induction day and mandatory relevant training.
2. Is constantly visible and accessible to the team.
3. Ensures that ALL Area Manager-level staff complete the ILM Introductory Diploma course.
4. Ensures all staff are appraised annually and all managers are formally trained in the Norland appraisal process, and from this development plans put in place and followed through.
5. No member of direct team to have ambiguity over scorecard targets, objectives, continual achievement against these targets or their perceived general performance.
6. Trains, develops, inducts and mentors direct reports and builds a culture of continual development.
7. Builds a robust succession plan for the Business Unit, using management development programmes and local development activities to ensure ready and able candidates are available at all times.
8. Encourages a culture of co-operation and team work within the Business Unit, ensuring that staff are recognized and rewarded as appropriate, through local mechanisms, the completion of bonus scorecards, supporting the Exceptional Awards and social activities.
1. Represents CBRE GWS in a professional and credible manner to customers and the public.
2. Builds and develops high-level customer relationships with both existing and potential customers through fully understanding their needs and demands.
3. Focuses on ensuring excellent service levels are maintained at all times.
4. Is accessible and responsive to customers at all times.
5. Ensure customers perceive exceptional value from Norland though ensuring leadership of ¼ strategic meetings, strategic workshops, relationship workshops, professional reporting standards and exceptional quality I2 (Innovation and Improvement pack) charters being in place.
6. Organises specific high level social engagements with suitable customers in line with any existing company policy that builds and strengthens non work environment relationships.
Business Development and Marketing
1. Leads tender bid activity including sales and operational resourcing, sign offs, document and commercial reviews and presentation standards.
2. Ensure all sales pipeline activity in accurate as far as possible for projects and Contract opportunities.
3. Identifies and targets in partnership with BDM community, suitable quality and volume of work to enhance growth and value in the overall company, and in the BU.
1. Ensures robust contract reviews are led by AGM’s / AD’s / HOP’s with check and challenge of detail and are used as coaching and development opportunities.
2. Ensures high site standards including front and back of house areas
3. Ensures that we live up to the Norland brand promise and that the service offering is at all times fully evidenced on all sites.
4. Takes leadership of mobilisation and transition activity to ensure that Norland and customer expectations are met and that all mobilisations are signed off at exec level.
5. Ensures fair treatment of suppliers at all time, professional supplier management and arbitration of disputes.
6. Works closely with the procurement team to ensure maximum use of preferred suppliers and ensure robust back to back contracts, performance focused contracts are in place with back to back contract durations in order to leverage maximum value.
Financial & Asset Management
1. Takes appropriate actions indicated by variances to ensure revenue, operating profit, working capital and bookings targets are met and continually improved upon without compromising exceptional service standards or customer relationships.
1. Reports to Divisional Managing Director or Alliance Director.
2. Accountable to peer group, CBRE executive and governance bodies.