CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Business Development Manager to join the team located in Glasgow.
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions ‘Local Facilities Management’ is a leading provider of facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies. We are a Company that prides ourselves on offering an excellent service and are growing at around 20% year-on-year.
Purpose of the role
To develop and close new business opportunities that are sold at a price to deliver the customers requirements without compromising our quality service within target market sectors.
1. To negotiate and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets within the target markets agreed by the Business Development Director and Divisional Managing Director.
2. To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients. Maintain excellent relationships and after sales support to build mutual confidence in line with the agreed business strategy.
3. To identify and build a long-term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities
4. Use innovative means to develop new sources of profitable business.
5. Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards. Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions (procurement, HR, QHS etc) as well as local managers and the Business Development Managers.
6. Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
7. Keep up-to-date with industry developments, maintaining awareness of competitor activity and market trends.
8. Ensure that the BU Leader is fully aware of all activities. Liaise regularly with the Sales Director to ensure they are fully updated on all sales activities and potential new business opportunities. Ensure that specialist functions e.g. HR, QHS and Commercial are advised of any new potential business to ensure compliance.
9. Ensure that appropriate sign offs are adhered to when considering new business opportunities.
10. Maintain records and relevant contract documentation in the support of tenders and re-bids for the Business.
11. Deal promptly and professionally with all pre-qualifications.
12. Support re-bids and variations for existing clients.
Good basic education.
Higher educational qualifications to HNC/D or degree would be beneficial.
Proven sales/business development experience from a relevant background
Experience of putting together exceptional quality sales documents
Experience of successfully delivering high level presentations
Experience of dealing with a range of people including site staff, suppliers and customers.
Driven by targets and comfortable in a high-pressure sales environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus and promote a sense of team spirit within the office.
Must be able to influence others and engender confidence in senior managers through both face-to-face, telephone and written communication.
Self-motivated. Able to prioritise demands and make decisions under pressure. Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing support to other areas of the business on occasions, as required.
Be self-sufficient: able to work on your own as well as in a team.
Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel if required.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.