CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008. It has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2019.
CBRE works for occupier and investor clients, offering a broad range of integrated services, including transactions, project management; property and facilities management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; and development services.
In the UK, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in London, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Technology and Life Sciences Sectors
The focus of the Business Development Team is to target clients that CBRE do not currently have relationships with and to convert into revenue generating business. The team is currently agnostic, with no geographical, service line or asset class confines, instead focussing on working with Occupiers and our internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) to win new revenue generating business, however this role is focussed upon two of the UK’s most important growth sectors, Technology and Life Sciences.
The role will sit within the UK Business Development Team; this team has direct responsibility for targeting new Occupier clients & prospects, building solid relationships and offering the entire range of CBRE products and services.
This specific role will also work closely with our UK occupier business, brokerage teams and our LFM (Local Facilities Management) business where they have a large number of existing clients and a long list of target clients in these sectors.
The successful candidate will work as CBRE’s UK sales lead across the Tech and Life Sciences sectors. Responsibilities include:
• Full accountability for new clients in the sectors, therefore lead new business development activity across a defined list of prospects.
• The target client list will be created in partnership with our existing occupier business, brokerage teams and LFM. It will comprise mostly of clients with whom we have no current relationship.
• Regular & accurate forecasting & reporting will be expected including introductions made, meetings held, referrals and wins. These will be measured by volume and value.
• The candidate will be expected to network widely within the real estate and business community to identify new business leads.
• Lead all aspects of the sales process, calling upon other company sales resources to assist in solution development, pricing, proposal delivery, and implementation, as required
• Support pitches where relevant / appropriate
• Ability to adapt to client interactions across a diverse range of requirements e.g. full outsourced solution, one-off transactions, advisory mandates, etc.
• Build and maintains a deep understanding of the various service lines within CBRE and build deep internal relationships across the business.
• Effectively manages multiple, simultaneous client opportunities through fostering solid relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout the organisation
• Ensures a seamless transition of customer responsibility to the CBRE client owner/manager were relevant/appropriate.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
• Achieves assigned team and individual revenue generation targets
• Achieves business development objectives defined by company management.
• Sales leader - and (over time) sector expert within the UK real estate market
• Energetic – demonstrating a passion for developing new business and excited to win
• Self-motivated – can work efficiently and effectively across multiple initiatives without constant direction; effective supporter of geographically dispersed team.
• Teamwork and collaboration – support our initiatives and goals; co-operates and demonstrates positive attitude toward others; will assist in all areas as needed.
• Relationship management – a good listener; builds trust and rapport with colleagues and clients to allow rapid identification of client’s needs; excellent follow through on tasks.
• Adaptability and flexibility – able to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and client requirements.
• Planning and organization – set priorities, establishes objectives/milestones, schedules activities effectively and gets things done in a timely fashion.
• Communication skills – excellent verbal and written skills, thinks on their feet, presents logically, listens to client needs, responds appropriately.
• Extensive experience in Business Development within the Corporate Real Estate industry. Sector knowledge would be an advantage but not essential. This will be developed through the role.
• Experienced and proven effectiveness at supporting clients and managing projects
• Professional and clear communication skills coupled with the ability to network at a high level and build strong business relationships (internally and externally)
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.