CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: London, St Martins Court
Working in partnership with the rapidly expanding Environmental Consultancy (EC) team and the Client Care team to coordinate business development opportunities across new clients and manage the approach to existing long-term strategic clients of CBRE. The focus will be on developing the internal team’s client care strategy and targeting programme rather than direct interaction with clients.
• Responsible for ensuring best practice and the best client care approach, whilst providing insight and working collaboratively with the wider Business Development and Client Care community.
• Create and maintain a library of materials for pitch documents, track record, business development tactics and client management for advisers to utilise when managing and prospecting clients
• Partner with team leads to define new business strategy for each team and identify target clients
• Develop strong relationships with the EC advisers to implement a consistent approach
• First point of contact for enquiries in relation to EC’s client care strategy, including UK and EMEA service lines
• Presence on Client Relationship Management groups and coordinate cross-selling referral opportunities
• Ensure opportunities and work-in-progress are accurately captured on Salesforce and define dashboards to provide management information
• The role would work in collaboration across the CBRE platform to guide advisers to win opportunities and to contribute to the annual team goal for new business growth. Stakeholder and relationship management with key CBRE decision makers across the business is essential to ensure there is business alignment when leading and managing client care programmes.
• Passionate about sustainability and environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG)
• Strong attention to detail
• Very strong organisation / time management skills
• Pro-active and will show initiative when completing tasks
• Has an ability to prioritise and is self-motivated and resilient
• Confident and assertive when required
• Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills and able to adapt style to build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders across all levels
• An ability to work remotely and independently as well as part of a wider team and community
Skills / Experience Required
• Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proven experience of business development, client care or pitching within a corporate setting and working closely with internal stakeholders
• Experience or understanding of a commercial environment (ideally property related, but not essential)
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We are a supporter of family-friendly practices and flexible working.
The Company reserves the right to review and update the duties and responsibilities of your job role, appropriately, in line with the needs of the business.