This role provides for an opportunity for a nearly RICS qualified Building Surveyor within our Bristol office, undertaking professional and project work for a combination of small private investment companies, institutions and corporate clients.
Practice areas that are expected of the candidate include building surveys for investment and occupation purposes, dilapidations, contract administration, refurbishment works and maintenance advice (PPM) and development monitoring on behalf of Funders.
To assist in the successful implementation and delivery of professional and contract building surveying within the Bristol Building Surveying Team through the completion of a range of typical building surveying instructions.
• Take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and on time;
• Deliver projects from inception to completion with the minimum of supervision to meet the project objectives in accordance with company policies;
• Projects to include but are not restricted to :-
o Building surveys for Investment or occupational purposes;
o Contract Administration;
o Preparation of specifications and schedules of work;
o Drafting of Standard Contract forms;
o Collating project documentation;
o Defect analysis;
o Preparation of Schedule of Dilapidations and negotiating on behalf of Landlord & Tenant;
o Works in conjunction with the Party Wall etc Act;
o Development and Project Monitoring role for investors, occupiers and institutions;
• Comply with CBRE’s policies and management system;
• Work in compliance with Quality Management Procedures;
• To positively contribute to the department’s business plan and to assist in achieving its objectives;
Person Specification & Requirements
• RICS nearly qualified or at least 12 months relevant commercial building surveying experience
• Good appreciation of professional and project based building surveying matters
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project
• Present a professional knowledgeable persona and possess business acumen
• Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships
• Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are completed within an agreed time frame
• Provide concise and clear written communication
• Understand the basics of the local and wider property market and CBRE’s services
• Able to contribute to business development activities
• Able to delegate whilst maintaining accountability and ensuring delivery
• Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project
• Accurate and excellent attention to detail
• Full driving license
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.