This role is part of our Engineering Consultancy department who provide a multitude of services across the North. The role will be an exciting and diverse one, providing opportunity to work on a wide-range of exciting projects, asset management and technical due diligence surveys. Projects will include new build, office fit outs, refurbishments, plant replacements, feasibility studies, project monitoring and trouble shooting. CBRE's Property Management and Asset Management group are responsible for over 100 assets across the north, of which there is extensive involvement required from our Engineering Consultancy department, ranging from plant replacement, infrastructure upgrades, and general operational advice. Previous experience providing surveys for technical due diligence, dilapidation, vendor, condition, and pre-acquisition is an advantage but not essential.
To assist in the successful implementation and delivery of projects, building surveying and asset engineering within the North West Building Consultancy team through the completion of a range of building services projects:
• Assist in delivery of projects
• Assist in management of CBRE and other managed assets
• Assist in surveys and MEP building inspections
• Forward facing, presentable and able to converse with Clients, Building Managers and members of the design team
• Good MEP Technical Knowledge
• Comply with CBRE’s policies and management system;
• Work in compliance with Quality Management Procedures;
• To positively contribute to the department’s business plan and to assist in achieving its objectives; and
• Work diligently towards professional qualification as a Member of the IET or CIBSE for chartership.
• BEng, BSc Meng in Engineering Degree certified by the IET or CIBSE
• Previous Design Experience
• Previous Surveying Experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good Knowledge of Building Services Systems
• CAD Experience vital / Revit experience an advantage
• Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues;
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project;
• Present a professional knowledgeable persona and possess business acumen;
• Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships;
• Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are completed within an agreed time frame;
• Provide concise and clear written communication;
• Understand the basics of the local and wider property market and CBRE’s services;
• Able to contribute to business development activities;
• Able to plan and manage own workload;
• Able to delegate whilst maintaining accountability and ensuring delivery;
• Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project; and
• Clean driving license.
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met;
• Accurate and excellent attention to detail;
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team;
• Confident and assertive where required;
• Flexible approach to work;
• Good role model for junior members of the team
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion;
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.