CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are currently looking for an ambitious Bid Manager to join our National Accounts division based from our offices in London.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Division of CBRE GWS, and the role offers excellent training and career development opportunity.
Drive revenue growth from new business and renewals by engaging in appropriate activities across the entire sales and solution cycle and by being accountable to the Business for delivering high quality proposals and managing bids to set deadlines.
- Responsible for submitting completed bids to existing or prospective clients ensuring that all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible, and that the organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success.
- Lead and project-manage all day-to-day aspects of individual bids by being involved in every aspect of the submission; shows an excellent appreciation of what the client needs and how best to articulate how our organisation can provide that. Work closely with core bid team and subject matter experts.
- Internal and client-facing project management. Sets up and leads weekly project governance (functional calls, control calls, Steering Committees) and associated client-facing reporting
- Owns the end-to-end business pursuit, including: site visit program, overall internal bid team coordination, client presentations and meeting requirements.
- Works with finance/commercial resources producing the price element of a bid for inclusion within the final submission.
- Development of staffing models and IFM solutions for large and complex international accounts.
- Development of Win Themes and Value Propositions customised to the individual bids.
- Participate in client workshops, yellow pads and transition kick-off meetings.
- Provides recommendations and best practices for proposals and client presentations.
- Interviews solutions development directors, subject matter experts and other GWS resources to develop and write compelling, cohesive, concise, creative and original responses to RFPs, RFIs and other proposal-related documents.
- Leads dry runs with pitch teams before client-facing yellow pads/proposal presentations.
- Deputy on behalf of the Executive Solution Lead to lead team calls ensuring all regions/teams are up to date and aligned.
- Recommends and supports updates to content for services offering descriptions.
- Performs all other management functions as required and other duties as assigned by the Executive Solution Lead.
- Able to cope with a substantial amount of responsibility, remain calm under severe pressure, understand complicated technical information and be able to read and interpret instructions carefully.
- Time management, efficiency, ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision essential.
- Thinks and reacts quickly, assertive yet tactful in motivating other members of a bid team to produce a successful submission.
- Stakeholder management skills to manage upwards and downwards, across all levels of the organisation.
- Leadership and teamwork.
Relevant industry knowledge advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a proposal specialist or industry experience with proposals/writing required.
- Experienced in communications, marketing or business development discipline, with solid writing experience.
- Exceptional written, oral, commercial and presentation skills.
- Must have advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite.