CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a BMS Engineer to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in Dublin. Working with team of highly qualified Technicians, the role offers huge development potential for any candidate wanting to work on the leading edge of the growing data centre industry. The BMS Engineer will report to the Controls Team Lead and will be responsible for the maintenance and performance of the Building Management System.
- Technical Supervision of the operation, maintenance and repair of all critical environment systems while maintaining 100% uptime to all critical power systems.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the Data Centre domain
- Follow up and close out on all BMS issues raised by the CE Team through daily shift reports and CMMS open WO’s.
- Maintain all BMS controls and equipment at optimal operational level including calibration of all sensors.
- Develop and keep up to date all site mechanical and controls and BMS related procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, and APs. All documentation should be consistent with current client standards.
- Specification and recording of the Technician Training certification program and supervision of drill and scenario training aids.
- Generation of periodic technical reports detailing the activities and issues relevant to the Data Centre domain
- Provide site specific mechanical and controls training to the CE Team.
- Drive site wide energy efficiency and maintain targeted site PUE.
- Assist in the development and training of technicians and apprentices with BMS related issues.
- Extensive experience at Electrician or Electrical/Mechanical Technician level in a critical environment combined with ideally supervisory experience. Preference is given to data centre, hospital, pharmaceutical production or power plant experience.
- An excellent understanding and experience of the mechanical and control systems used in a data centre environment, including: Generators, Fuel Systems, Building Management Systems and Controls, Air handling units, Variable Frequency Drives (VSDs), Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems (pre-action sprinklers).
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.).
- Strong and committed team player with excellent communication and coaching skills. Previous experience of supervising highly qualified Technicians and reporting to peers and senior managers.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry.
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programmes aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- BMS / HVAC Commissioning experience
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.