CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2020 revenues of $23.8 billion. We have been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, currently ranking #128. CBRE has more than 100,000 employees and serves real estate investor and occupier clients in more than 100 countries
We provide services for real estate occupiers and investors. For occupiers, we provide facilities management, project management, transaction and consulting services, among others. For investors, we provide capital markets, leasing, investment management, property management, valuation and development services, among others.
Job Title: Associate Director - Strategic Advisory
Strategic Advisory Role
The CBRE Strategic Advisory team brings market-leading expertise to help clients navigate complexities to develop successful business strategies, make informed decisions, implement robust programmes and utilise the best technologies to unlock value and achieve sustainability from their real assets across real estate and infrastructure. Our clients are Investors, Developers, Occupiers, Operators and Public Bodies across all sectors. We work across the full lifecycle, from strategic inception to implementation, operation and exit.
The team comprises a diverse blend of business strategy, strategic programme management, business transformation and change, digital and real asset advisers drawn from top-tier business consulting and professional services firms. Client service excellence lies at the heart of everything we do. We have a distinct, inclusive and entrepreneurial culture, whereby each individual is encouraged and supported to achieve their full potential, working together respectfully and collaboratively as a cohesive team. Everyone in the team, from junior to senior levels, brings something distinct to our group and our clients, and everyone has a voice in how we shape and grow our business and work together.
Despite COVID-19 and other factors affecting markets, in 2020, Strategic Advisory achieved 48% year-on-year revenue growth and 83% year-on-year EBITDA growth. Underpinned by this success, and with an ambitious five year growth plan, Strategic Advisory is scaling up and is recruiting at several levels of seniority. The opportunity below relates to Associate Director roles. We would be keen to hear from candidates with interests and capabilities in Vision & Strategy, Strategic Programme Management, Business Transformation & Change and Digital Advisory. Real estate sector experience is welcome but not vital, and enquiries from candidates with relevant experience in other sectors and contexts is of interest.
• As an Associate Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day project management of your workstream, including owning deliverables, managing client relationships, supporting junior team members and providing clear Management Information
• You may at times work autonomously or as part of a team
• Engage with clients to understand their strategic objectives, priorities, opportunities and constraints
• Use robust quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess client situations and devise recommended strategies and solutions
• Work with specialists throughout CBRE (and, occasionally, specialist sub-contractors) to bring best in class solutions
• Prepare clear, robust client reports and business plans
• Management of client engagements to:
o Build relationships
o Manage resources
o Ensure compliance with contractual requirements
o Provide effective quality control and integrity of advice and deliverables
o Manage risk
o Manage financial performance to achieve the expected metrics
• Build relationships of trust with clients, and identify business development opportunities
• Support proposals and pitches and market-facing material e.g. Thought Leadership.
• Support internal CBRE reporting processes
We seek candidates with a combination of the following:
• Experience working within a major management consultancy or other relevant business environment, ideally in the following areas:
o Vision & Strategy
o Strategic Programme Management
o Business Transformation & Change
o Digital Advisory
• Recognised qualifications(s) and/or accreditation(s) in areas relevant to the above including proficiency in relevant management consultancy tools and techniques
• Articulate with good written and oral communication skills, including experience of leading or playing central roles in preparing client reports and presentations
• Structured approach to problem-solving
• Numerate and able to support quantitative analysis
• Attention to detail and commitment to achieving high quality client deliverables
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
• Entrepreneurial and enquiring mindset
• Good interpersonal skills and a genuine belief in collaboration
• Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise own time
• Ability to work well in environments involving uncertainty and/or that lack clear structures
• Good business acumen and appetite and ability to spot opportunities for both clients and CBRE, with good experience of business development activities, including opportunity origination, client pitches & presentations
• Ability to develop junior staff
• Team coordination and management skills
• Private and public sector client experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.