CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2018 revenues of $21.3 billion and more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #207 in 2018. It has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for seven years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2019.
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including transaction and project management; property and facilities management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.
Job Title: Associate Director, Project Management – Investor & Developer Team
The Investor & Developer team forms one of two Project Management services lines within the Building Consultancy’s Project and Cost Management Group. Providing project management services primarily to property investors and developer clients, the team currently comprises four fee earners with a shared support function.
The Investor & Developer team have established a significant level of secured work coming into 2018 and is has been working closely with existing clients along with CBRE’s development and leasing teams to successfully secure further high profile work going forward into 2020 with an expanded team.
Specifically, the new recruit will be directly involved with the delivery of high-profile projects in both London’s West End and the City. The role has a keen focus on technical proficiency with a view to grow commercial understanding (lettings and investment) along with contributions to Business Development.
This role offers an opportunity to strengthen Project Management experience and to broaden the recruit’s skill base further into commercial property with exposure to clients and influencers alike.
• Support the Director in providing direction, coordination of specific projects through the feasibility, planning, design and delivery process ensuring consistency with CBRE company strategy, commitments and goals
• Manage internal and external project teams (consulting and contracting) in the successful delivery of all projects through all stages of a project.
• Main Point of Contact for Client
• Understand and control of the key project tools such as Master Programme, PEP, appointments, Project insurance and authorise payments
• Stakeholder Management
• Arrange Tender Documentation, Tender Evaluation and Contractor Selection/Appointment and Construction including Pre-Construction Services Agreement
• Manage Main Contractor and Performance Management of Consultants
• Attend Client Meetings and Project Meetings
• Progress Reports
• Manage the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Manage the definition of project tasks and resource requirements
• Prepare the development of project programmes and overall strategy plans
• Manage the assembly and coordination of project teams as required to suit complexity of the project
• Participate in the management of project budgets & fees
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Assist in the monitoring and reporting on progress of the projects to all stakeholders
• Prepare reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Participate in the implementation and management of project changes
• Participate in providing efficient and timely support to other CBRE service lines where required to assist in securing instructions
• Identify and deliver opportunities to cross sell other CBRE service lines
• Identify fee earning opportunities within both internal CBRE marketplace and external market place
• Directly contribute to the overall annual fee target of the team
• 48+ months post APC (Project Management or Building Surveying) experience with commercial office or residential project experience.
• Suitably experienced candidates from other backgrounds (e.g. Architectural, Engineering) would be considered.
• Experience in Project Management/ Contract Administration role on commercial new build or refurbishment projects.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical application of project management.
• Demonstrable knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills/ ability.
• Able to form strong and productive relationships at peer group level.
• Ability to make meaningful contributions to Business Development
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to build working relationships across in a team environment.
• Leads by example, and can influence, lead and motivate others through action as well as words.
• Assertive, persuasive and self-motivated.
• Flexible and adaptable to cope with fast track projects and changing client requirements.
• Commitment to continually developing ability and skill base.
• Demonstration of good time management, focussing appropriate resources to meet client and project objectives.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Planning, organizing and decision-making.
• Conflict management.
• First degree – BSc or BA
• MRICS (Building Surveying or Project Management)
IT Technical Abilities:
• Technically literate
• Excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Experience of Microsoft Project
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.