財務経理・会計｜Associate Director, Finance
Tokyo , Japan
Date published: 8-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This position is accountable for all tax-related tasks by ensuring compliance with local tax regulations and requirements for CBRE Japan entities.
This position also deals with general accounting tasks, monthly US reporting for Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) Real Estate Investment (REI) segments, and annual statutory reporting and tax returns for CBRE Japan legal entities .
- Prepares tax returns for all local taxes (e.g., corporate income taxes, business taxes, and consumption taxes etc.) for CBRE Japan legal entities by ensuring compliance with Japan tax regulations
- Calculates tax provisions and deferred tax assets/liabilities in accordance with JGAAP and USGAAP in cooperation with Global and APAC Tax teams.
- Researches tax related information and recommends potential tax saving to assist corporate strategies
- Coordinates and negotiates with tax authorities over tax related issues, if any
- Interfaces with APAC Tax regularly and prepare tax related reports on regular or ad-hoc basis
- Manages general accountings, monthly group reporting, balance sheet analysis for GWS and REI segments
- Prepares annual statutory financial statements for CBRE Japan group entities.
- Interfaces with external/internal audits
- Interfaces with in-country GWS Finance team in Tokyo, regional segment finance teams in Singapore and Hong Kong, and outsourced shared service teams in Malaysia.
- Assists Finance Director to manage all accounting work including monthly, quarter and annual financial closing procedures for all Japan legal entities
- Supervises and reviews work performed by junior accountants and outsourcing staff
- Proactively engages in process improvement projects as required.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Must have strong communication and analytical skills
- Must be hands-on, Self-starter and proactive
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in tax and accounting
- Business level English speaking and writing skills preferred
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business related area
- Japanese CPA or Certified Tax Accountant is a plus
- Big 4 audit or tax firm experience is a plus