Job Title: Associate Director, Central London Valuation
Location: St Martins Court, EC1
Role: Central London Valuation and Advisory team working in a dynamic group of over 30 people.
Our experience ranges from valuing single assets to large complex portfolios. We work with high profile London investors including Land Securities, Derwent London, Cadogan Estates, Great Portland Estates and Mercers, all of which are market leaders.
- Land Securities – An instruction we won in 2015 to carry out a twice yearly valuation of their £14 billion plus retail and central London portfolio.
- Derwent London – Providing half yearly valuations of 100 assets throughout Central London valued at over £4.0bn. Derwent London is the largest Central London REIT with a focus on the West End and areas bordering the City of London.
- Cadogan Estates – An instruction we recently won in 2014 to carry out an annual valuation of their £3.6 billion Chelsea portfolio.
- Mercers – Annual valuation undertaken for accounts purposes, a portfolio of circa £800m.
In terms of Bank valuations, our track record includes the following:
- Valuation for Secured Lending Purposes of the prestigious Sea Containers House on Southbank, comprising a mixed-use office and hotel scheme in excess of £500 million.
- Valuation for Secured Lending Purposes of the 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin)
- Valuation for company accounts purposes of a portfolio of 6 super prime properties in the City and Southbank worth in excess of £850 million.
- Valuation for Secured Lending purposes of the iconic HSBC Tower in Canary Wharf for a syndicate of 6 banks.
- Close liaison with clients ensuring high quality advice is consistently delivered.
- Valuation of a wide range of commercial property involving some of the most prestigious properties in Central London.
- Valuation for balance sheet and loan security purposes.
- Preparation of detailed reports and presentation of valuation advice to clients.
- Advice to clients on acquisitions, disposals and for review purposes.
- Working closely with senior team members on high profile instructions.
- To integrate with the wider CBRE network and other business lines such as Capital Markets and Agency teams.
- To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and continued growth in revenue.
- Ability to undertake large instructions independently with minimal assistance.
- MRICS qualified or equivalent. Registered Valuer preferable.
- Experience of the Central London market preferred.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, MS Outlook).
- Experience of Argus Enterprise, Argus Investor and Developer software essential.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Organised, focused and high attention to detail.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks.
- Understands the importance of using discretion.
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Valid UK driving licence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have over 90,000 employees worldwide, with 3,000+ of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.